Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

How can I get "Official Papers"

Discussion in 'Pedigrees' started by Laddie's Mom, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Unfortunately in Australia and NZ only the breeder can register the dog, they are also the only ones that can register it's name, and it's name always has to have the kennel name of the dam at the start. I'm always amused by the threads of on the forum with people deciding on names to register their dogs - sometimes it's much easier when someone else does it, although you do end up with some really daggy names. I guess this is one of those 'you live and learn' incidents.

2. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    I agree, it seems like it has been one problem after another with Laddie, not his fault, just seems like a mess since I got the poor thing.

I am now waiting to hear back from the breeder, I hope she did not write back just to keep me quiet and not intend to do anything, I just have a funny feeling about all this. I know I have sure learned my lesson about pedigrees and breeders, etc, I was a novice, so to speak, well, no more.

3. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience. Don't be too hard on yourself, you should be commended for seeking a reputable breeder and not going to a pet store or back yard breeder.

4. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    SC
    Well,I hear ya,and I have been down this road to. Hopefully she will come thru for you,and its not a stall tactic on her part. I to have learned LOADS since getting my first.

5. Laddie's Mom

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    I will give her until our Wednesday, then contact her again, I am not going to give up. I will say this, I am learning lots and lots, so, all this hassle is not going to waste.:wink2:

6. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    I wonder if you ask your vet, is it safe to chip a pup twice?

Keep on your breeder,contact NZKC, possibly they can lead you in the right direction. AKC helped me understand what was going on with the same problem, I proceeded from there. Yes I got the paperwork after a year and a half.

The creditablity and integrity of the breeder counts. The word spreads, good, bad, and ugly. My motto is: Treat a buyer just like a seller would want to be treated. Their word or contract should be good.

Like your attitude, speaking for your Laddie!

7. Laddie's Mom

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Man, I seem to be getting ignored again. I realize she is busy with Show Stuff, but still, I am anxious to get the wheels in motion. Seems like a big hassle when it should not be at all. Geesh.

8. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    "Show stuff" seems like a very sad excuse on her part. This should have been done months ago, before you got him. At this point I would try to keep all (if not most) conversations done by email. Keep everything on record. If she doesn't tell the truth you can catch her at it. Keep lots of records.

9. Laddie's Mom

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    That is exactly what I am doing, it seems to me that something "fishy" is going on, I won't rest until I get those papers. Grrrrr.

10. Laddie's Mom

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    I am getting excited now. I heard from the breeder last night, and she is getting all the paperwork in order, hopefully, all will be finished today or tomorrow and then I will have it in hand shortly afterwards, I will let you all know.:yes: