How do/did you build value for jumps?

Yeah, thanks!!!
before I invest in Jumps at 60 bucks a pop, in my small yard.. I better make sure he likes Agility first, hahahaha

The beach chairs work great for now
 
Looking at this thread, Emma would certainly be good at the jumps. She just loves to jump. And when she jumps on the couch, she hits a pillow or the back of the couch as if she is hitting a target. This she learned on her own.

I'll have to try the lawn chair set up. What do you do for tunnel training? Would putting lawn chairs together and blocking the sides work?

It would be easier than buying a jump. For tunnels, Emma just goes under the chairs. She has made up her own game of playing fetch - get the ball, go under the chair, then return.

Question - how would you know without investing a lot of money into equipment etc. if your dog has the ability and attention span to even attempt this? Emma is a dog that I have to keep busy.
 
That's wonderful and so creative! AND a great way of proofing jumps too! For the longest time I only had Maia jump over the 'normal' jumps (ie. without wings) and she did great. Then when I asked her to jump over a winged jump, she was 'what? what is that on the sides???' I just started to read an article by Susan Salo all about how the dog views the jumps and what they see, and to tape the jump bars etc. It is very interesting. In the article she says that we should expose the dogs to as many different jumps as possible. So, YOU are well on your way with this jump!!!
 
Back
Top