How much food?

Kipper is very, very treat motivated. Sometimes he won't even come in the house until we promise him a treat :(

Since he will eat anything but citrus... would it be terrible to give him a couple cheerios or a piece of air popped popcorn as a reward? Is corn bad for dogs?

Sorry to be so clueless here. I haven't had a dog for over 20 years and can't remember!

Thank you for the advice on the treats and the thyroid advice. I'll bet that is what is porking him up a bit! My Big Boy.

No issues with those treats, as far as I know. Both are low cal. But do consider carrots as treats instead. My boys love them!
 
I agree. Carrots are great treats. Dylan loves them.
He is about 22-24" and weighs around 28 lbs. He gets 1 cup a day. He will be 4 this April. He is middle energy dog. After either 1 hour walk or 15 minutes ball chasing game outside, he is out cold. My mom thinks I don't feed him enough. I told her he doesn't need too much since he is not that active. She says he is not active because I don't feed him enough. :rolleyes2:
 
Carrots! I'm going to see if he likes them. My guess, historically speaking, is YES.
Now, he is 19" at the shoulder. Is that what all of you mean when you are giving size? At the shoulder?
 
After reading all these post .. it seems as tho your dogs are 2-7 years old and weight 20-25 lbs. My Snickers is 5 months old and weights 20.3 lbs. He is not fat.not even chubby. Vet said his weight is fine.. IS my pup going to be a monster?? (size wise). I never measured his height.:eek2:
 
After reading all these post .. it seems as tho your dogs are 2-7 years old and weight 20-25 lbs. My Snickers is 5 months old and weights 20.3 lbs. He is not fat.not even chubby. Vet said his weight is fine.. IS my pup going to be a monster?? (size wise). I never measured his height.:eek2:

Well, it sounds like Snickers will probably be over sized but probably not 'sheltiezilla' lol.

Sadie was pretty much the same height and maybe a pound less at that age. Now that she's two she's 17.5" tall (1 1/2 inches over sized) and weighs 22 lbs.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ontario...hkey=Gv1sRgCMH7k7TPx7uTTA#5428484203213614530
 
Maggie gets a 1/2 a cup of wellness twice a day and she is 14 inches and usually weighs 14 to 15 pounds.
Zak gets 3/4 sup in the morning and at night time and a 1/2 cup at noon. I just added the extra 1/4 cup this weekend, right now he is on Purina One puppy and is 13 inches high and 13 pounds. I need to decide what I want to switch her over to when the time comes.
 
Back
Top