Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

How much to feed

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by The Quahog, Mar 24, 2011.

1. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    The best way to get a dog to lose weight....stay at home. lol. Ever since my hubby lost his job, Miko has been trim. Mostly because he follows hubby everywhere. Koji has since gained some weight, but that's cuz he sleeps all day and well, he's matured too. lol.

At their next check-up, Ill ask about their weights, because honestly, I like them at this weight. And since Koji has agility, I don't want him heavy. Trust me, even at that low weight, neither of their ribs are bony. Miko's backbone though is bony. lol.

2. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Nice to know our opinions are valued :lol:

3. Diana

Diana Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    This is true of Buffy too. She eats less than half the recommended some days, although she does get treats. However, she looks like she weighs much more than she does because she has so much dang fur!

Best way to get a dog to gain weight? Be at home sick with bronchitis/walking pneumonia for a month. Buffy (and I) need to go on an exercise plan!

Nice! Buffy never sits on her armchair/throne at eats bonbons or treats. Never.... :wink2: