How NOT to do agility video

I imagine after a few more weeks I shall have the camera there again, fingers crossed we shall do better!

i can't wait to see them. i'm trying to get a camera set up to video Deja and Darby doing flyball but I haven't seen anything worth videoing to make people go 'Wow! that's cool!' right now.. it just looks like we are teaching them to jump on a box.. uhm.. which is what we are teaching them right now hehe..
 
We have the reverse problem - I am practising keeping Deska off the dog walk, seeing his idea of a sequence is jump, dog walk, maybe walk again, yea and again, okay a jump and dog walk again...
 
As long as you and Cadbury are enjoying it, that's all that counts!
Oh yes, we both do enjoy it loads! Cadbury does just love tunnels and jumps.

i'm trying to get a camera set up to video Deja and Darby doing flyball but I haven't seen anything worth videoing to make people go 'Wow! that's cool!' right now.. it just looks like we are teaching them to jump on a box.. uhm.. which is what we are teaching them right now hehe..
You know what, I would actually like to see that. I am interested in flyball but can't find a club near me at the moment. I would love to see how it is trained.

We have the reverse problem - I am practising keeping Deska off the dog walk, seeing his idea of a sequence is jump, dog walk, maybe walk again, yea and again, okay a jump and dog walk again...
lol!
I once lost Cadbury on a course, he exited the tunnel and bang, he was gone. He did the course the way HE thought it should be done, (missed the tyre jump, but did a nice turn into the a-frame) I was running around in the middle trying to get him back!
 
I finally got to watch the video, looks like you are doing OK to me. I think Cadbury's biggest problem with the dog walk is confidence since it is rather narrow for the larger dogs. I have a feeling that once he's confident with his footing you'll have a hard time keeping him off it.

I've never seen a multi-tiered dog walk before. Is that for training only or do they use one in competition in the UK? (I know there are some agility obstacles in use over in the UK that aren't used in the US.)

He does have nice weaves once he gets into the poles and nice form when jumping.

Can't wait to see the next one.
 
Thank you Sheri. I think you are right, confidence is the issue and hopefully we can build on that over time.

The mini-dog walk is my trainer's design and not used in competitions. She has a full-size one as well, but she uses the smaller one to build a dog's confidence.

Thanks for the comments about weaves and jumping - he does love to jump!
 
I enjoyed this video so much! Cadbury is such a happy boy. I agree -- he wants to please you so much!! It has to be hard -- that "plank" is pretty narrow! :eek2:
 
Oh, I enjoyed this video so much! It was great to see how Cadbury is learning. That A frame thing looks soooooo steep. I can say with 100% certainty that there is NO WAY Meggie would go near that thing.

I hope you post future videos. It would be great to see Cadbury's progress.
 
Thank you Chris and Suzie.:smile2:

Yes, Cadbury does love agility, but then I wouldn't be doing it with him if he didn't. And yes I will post more videos of Cadbury's progress.

The video has helped me a lot to understand my handling and how to improve on things, I've had a lot of helpful advice from people which I really appreciate and I look forward to putting that into action.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the vid.
 
I very much enjoyed the work in progress.

I don't blame Cadbury one bit for having concerns about the dogwalk (and the Aframe, geez that's steep!).

I too love the accents!

OYE Cadbury, LEAVE IT!

:smile2:
 
I very much enjoyed the work in progress.

I don't blame Cadbury one bit for having concerns about the dogwalk (and the Aframe, geez that's steep!).
:smile2:

Seems alot of dogs have concerns about the A frame. Just imagine what it is like for the little guys go up. If Ember doesn't get a good running start sometimes she can barely make it. Of course with Diva, the A frame is a chance to show off her mountain goat genes. :lol:

I personally thought Cadbury was doing very well.
 
Back
Top