I is a tough puppy

So last night Ian was in velociraptor mode and launched at me. He got a good 50% higher and ricocheted off the arm of the couch and crashed. For the next hour he was giving me dirty looks like it was MY fault.

Still does not jump on furniture.....maybe Spitfire can be a good influence. Though Spitfire did come over and did a bounce like he wanted up. So I picked him up and gave him a supreme ruffling (he loves it) then he lay between my feet. Totally had Ian upset and of course Spitfire was loving that.
 
Meadow, as athletic as she is, did not attempt jumping on couch or bed until she was 8 months. We thought it was kinda funny. But now you can't keep her off anything including the really tall antique bed in the guest room! Pretty funny he was giving you stink eye about it. :ROFLMAO:
 
I do love how they compete with each other for our attention, and they're very transparent about it. Sprite will give me the death stare when she wants the spot next to me on the couch and Someone Else is there, usually Misty, who defers to Sprite instantly even if a bone is involved. It's very clear here who Bossypaws is, much like Emperor Spitfire I'm sure! :cautious:
 
Last night Oberon was chasing Oreo and Oreo ended up on the couch with us. Don't think he realized he had jumped up there as later that evening he was still asking to be picked up.

When Oberon was about 8 months I needed a rotator cuff repair. He was able to get off the bed but then would whine for me to pick him back up. Realizing that after I had my surgery that wouldn't be possible my husband spent some time teaching him how to get on the bed. We would say "get on the bed" and eventually he realized he could jump up. One afternoon my husband was going to take a nap in our spare room. Oberon and I were sitting with him and I asked Oberon if he'd like to get on this bed. Oberon ran into our bedroom and jumped on our bed (sigh). It took him a few weeks to figure out that if he could jump on our bed he could jump on almost any bed or couch.
 
Last night Oberon was chasing Oreo and Oreo ended up on the couch with us. Don't think he realized he had jumped up there as later that evening he was still asking to be picked up.

When Oberon was about 8 months I needed a rotator cuff repair. He was able to get off the bed but then would whine for me to pick him back up. Realizing that after I had my surgery that wouldn't be possible my husband spent some time teaching him how to get on the bed. We would say "get on the bed" and eventually he realized he could jump up. One afternoon my husband was going to take a nap in our spare room. Oberon and I were sitting with him and I asked Oberon if he'd like to get on this bed. Oberon ran into our bedroom and jumped on our bed (sigh). It took him a few weeks to figure out that if he could jump on our bed he could jump on almost any bed or couch.
I had dreams of keeping Sca off the furniture unless invited like Dow the pre-Sheltie. He had HIS chair and would jump in it. So I put stuff in his way, nope. Finally one day he is all contorted around boxes, towels and assorted other stuff in HIS chair. He could not even lay down but had the grin of totally being pleased with himself, I gave up.

Since then all have come up though Spitfire struggled do to his size, and now has arthritis in his front paws. No more jumping for him he wants the elevator.
 
Back
Top