I think we need a food change...

If u have dogs with allergies, I would go with food that has limited ingredients. I use California natural, which is made by the same company as innova. Other brands with food for allergy prone dogs are Wellness simple solutions and I believe blue Buffalo has a line too.

Yes they do, Blue Basics, http://www.bluebuff.com/products/dogs/basics.shtml. It's not a grain free food but it is wheat, corn, dairy, soy, and egg free. This will probably be the next food I try if the Blue Life Protection Formula (Chicken and Brown Rice) doesn't resolve Edan's on going food issue.
 
I feed Fromm adult, it's a black and gold bag. Not grain-free but I think it is still a very good food; the protein content is right around what I was looking for. It is cheaper than other holistic brands (at least around me), and Buffy is doing well on it.

If you have allergy issues Fromm also makes foods out of limited ingredients.
 
Yes they do, Blue Basics, http://www.bluebuff.com/products/dogs/basics.shtml. It's not a grain free food but it is wheat, corn, dairy, soy, and egg free. This will probably be the next food I try if the Blue Life Protection Formula (Chicken and Brown Rice) doesn't resolve Edan's on going food issue.

Blue Basics looks pretty good. Wellness Simple Solutions would probably be my last pick between California Natural, Blue Basics and Wellness. In Wellness, their first ingredient is rice. I prefer to have a meat source as the first ingredient.
 
My mothers "allergy" dog did quite well on California Natural for a long time. I use "allergy" in quotes because his allergy problems seem to have disappeared in recent years, so I am not entirely sure it was an allergy. He can eat anything now.
 
TOTW is preserved with ethoxyquin which is believed to be carcinogenic. Just some food for thought.

There is a whole long,extensive thread on this very subject.Can't seem to find it at the moment.But believe me..the trace amount of Etho,found in this food,is just that.."trace" and is believed and written it is not harmful.

SheltieGuy...help me out here~:biggrin2:
 
There is a whole long,extensive thread on this very subject.Can't seem to find it at the moment.But believe me..the trace amount of Etho,found in this food,is just that.."trace" and is believed and written it is not harmful.

SheltieGuy...help me out here~:biggrin2:


Im not sure I can help you out here.:smile2: I am on the other side of the coin when it comes to TOTW. I stopped using it and chose a different food when I heard about the Etho but like you said there is a long....long...long thread about that.:yes:
 
TOTW is preserved with ethoxyquin which is believed to be carcinogenic. Just some food for thought.

This in fact is a misleading statement and is in part false.

There are three varieties of TOTW. Wetlands, High Prairie, and Pacific Stream.

Wetlands and High Prairie have NO ETHOXYQUIN.

The Pacific Stream is made from fish. There are trace amounts of ethoxyquin found in the fish that TOTW uses for this formula.

Here is the extensive thread on this very subject.
http://sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=4593&highlight=ethoxyquin
 
Im not sure I can help you out here.:smile2: I am on the other side of the coin when it comes to TOTW. I stopped using it and chose a different food when I heard about the Etho but like you said there is a long....long...long thread about that.:yes:

I know your stance on TOTW..but I thought you coupld put your finger on that thread.

For my piece of mind I called TOTW,not once,but more,and had in depth conversations about this very subject.Since I'm really not up for a food debate,I'll just let it be.

Everyone is free to choose what is best for thier own dog,and for thier own circumstances.We are quite comfortable in our decision,and we do not feed Pacific Stream formula TOTW as a regular diet.We rotate.

I have 1 very fussy lab,and he loves this food,I'm not about to go messing with something that doesn't need fixing~
 
This in fact is a misleading statement and is in part false.

There are three varieties of TOTW. Wetlands, High Prairie, and Pacific Stream.

Wetlands and High Prairie have NO ETHOXYQUIN.

The Pacific Stream is made from fish. There are trace amounts of ethoxyquin found in the fish that TOTW uses for this formula.

Here is the extensive thread on this very subject.
http://sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=4593&highlight=ethoxyquin

THANK YOU>>THANK YOU..nuff said!
 
Back
Top