I took in a rescue today

Ohmigod. My eyes are all teary after reading this. I'm glad though....that someone at least dropped her in your yard, versus a ditch or a kill shelter. Sigh. Poor thing.
I'd say you definitely earned your sheltie wings today, as you're her guardian angel. I'm hoping she's already has a family, but if not, I'm sure she'll find one in no time. She sounds like a sweet girl.
 
Last edited:
Bless you for keeping her. This person would have to know you have shelties, to do something like this. Maybe she has been on the run all this time, and someone let her into your yard.

Either way that is so heartbreaking the condition she is in. Wonderful that you have taken her in.
 
Well, it turns out the little girl is worm infested. She has hookworm and roundworm. I'm now working on treating it, am keeping her away from the girls for the time, and am only taking her out front, and picking up the waste to prevent it from spreading.
She is slowly coming out of her shell a little. She is such a shy little thing, but she will come over to poke me, or just stand and watch me.
She is still rail thin. I'm hoping she'll soon start picking up weight.
 
Well, it turns out the little girl is worm infested. She has hookworm and roundworm. I'm now working on treating it, am keeping her away from the girls for the time, and am only taking her out front, and picking up the waste to prevent it from spreading.
She is slowly coming out of her shell a little. She is such a shy little thing, but she will come over to poke me, or just stand and watch me.
She is still rail thin. I'm hoping she'll soon start picking up weight.


:eek2: Eeek worms scare me. Be careful.
 
Poor baby girl. Thank you for caring for her even tho it is an inconvenience to keep her apart from your other dogs. She is so grateful to you I'm sure. Keep us updated on her, please!

Sharon
 
Stacey, you're an angel to help this little one. I like to think she was lost or discovered by someone who didn't know what else to do other than leave her with someone who loves Shelties. For now, I'll concentrate on the happiness that is you caring for this little waif.

Say, that's not a bad name! :wink2: Hug Little Waif for me!!
 
Back
Top