Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ian Dunbar's book

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by KarenCurtis, Feb 15, 2019.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I totally agree with you! I don't have 100 friends! Gezzz... I am a private person and would never allow that many people into my house! Heck, unless you ran a doggie daycare how would anyone manage to have your pup meet 100 people!

I have learned a lot from the bok... but, like you, I was really put off by that excessive number!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  2. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes, I am private also! But I have taken some good advice from the book

3. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    In addition to puppy classes, check out Petco -- here they have a "puppy playtime" every Saturday morning for under 6-month puppies. It's not a structured class, but there is a trainer who runs it and since all dogs have to be supervised and have their shots it's a lot safer and healthier (IMO) than a dog park. The one near us separates dogs by size so when Oberon was young he was with the smaller puppies. Because of his gentle nature (and the fact he stole the trainer's heart) he was allowed to continue going until he was a year.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'm going to check out a dog club close to us- they have beginners puppy class that is really socialization and positive reinforcement beginner training. Puppy sits! Puppy walking! Treats!