Im doing something wrong.

Beneful is not up there in terms of good food for dogs. I tried to go to Dog Food Analysis site, but its down for maintenance at the moment.

I think pups would prefer frozen to canned. My guys like the crunch of fresh or frozen veggies better. I think your pups may be eating the canned because of the sodium content.

Peas are fine too, as are carrots, but I'm not sure if either serve the same purpose as providing low calorie "bulk". But I'll leave that to our dietary experts! :smile2:

Hi BarbV, I am thinking into switching to the frozen beans/peas though my husband insists that "canned is fine".
Anyway, Cassie recently lost 4 pounds, and I gave her more food and snacks and she gained back 3 pounds. :sadsmile:

I will be working hard on her dropping those 3 pounds.
 
I would be careful of canned peas and green beans. I had been feeding Smudge dried mango pieces (I stopped a while back). Then on a whim I turned the bag over and almost screamed at how much sodium was in them. :uhoh: I bought some frozen mixed fruit to try (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries). I flipped the bag over and was amazed that it had 0% sodium! :biggrin2:

You might also find that frozen is cheaper than canned anyway. The average cost of a can of vegetables here is 92 cents store brand. I've seen 99 cents small packages of frozen peas before.

Healthier isn't always more expensive you just have to know where to look. :yes:
 
Smudge I agree completely with you. My hubby doesn't cooperate about the frozen beans. :mad: But I am determined to convince him. I will buy frozen beans and fruits and will give to Cassie. I am sure she will love it.
Smudge your doggy is absolutely adorable! What a face - sweet, smart and intelligent. No wonder I am "helplessly" in love with shelties.
:winkgrin: :yes:

Tell me something please... do I thaw the entire package at home, or do I thaw just that part needed to feed her????
 
Smudge I agree completely with you. My hubby doesn't cooperate about the frozen beans. :mad: But I am determined to convince him. I will buy frozen beans and fruits and will give to Cassie. I am sure she will love it.
Smudge your doggy is absolutely adorable! What a face - sweet, smart and intelligent. No wonder I am "helplessly" in love with shelties.
:winkgrin: :yes:

Tell me something please... do I thaw the entire package at home, or do I thaw just that part needed to feed her????

We don't thaw our frozen veggies- just pour some out into the bowl- they love them that way :smile2:
 
How can you "pour" if they are all frozen? What am I missing? I feel so dumb. LOLOL I need more explanation pls. :biggrin2:

The frozen green beans and frozen broccoli are not frozen solid. I take the bag out of the freezer- squeeze it to break up any clumps and then open the bag and pour some out. close the bag and put it back in the freezer.
 
How can you "pour" if they are all frozen? What am I missing? I feel so dumb. LOLOL I need more explanation pls. :biggrin2:

Buy the green beans that come frozen in the bag that are 100% green beans and not the ones the come in a box, like the Or-ida brand, I think those are. I think this is what you may be thinking of. The ones in the bag are frozen in individual pieces is how they will pour.
 
The frozen green beans and frozen broccoli are not frozen solid. I take the bag out of the freezer- squeeze it to break up any clumps and then open the bag and pour some out. close the bag and put it back in the freezer.

OK, TY so much! I am getting it. I thought they were frozen solid that's why I was confused. You take a part out to feed "for now". Are they "eatable" right from the freezer?? Or should I keep in a room temp. for awhile before serving her??
 
When can I introduce something like frozen green beans to Trapp? He has an unbelievable appetite. I have already upped his food another 1/4c. He just seems hungrey. I am feeding him his full amount in the morning. Then I split what would be his supper meal,and giving him part at lunch. He devours every morsel within minutes.

He is very active all day,running,playing,wreastling with Earnhardt,and I'm sure his needs are way differant than Earnhardt's. But it has been a very long time since we have had a young pup. And he is one that I think if left to his own means..he would eat right thru a bag of food if left unattended.

His poo is fine,no loose stools whatsoever. Could it be that he just has a fasination with eating..or is it that he is a growing active puppy?
 
Beckon is a food-eye, too. But he's also a growing puppy, so I'm just keeping him at the recommended food amount. I won't think about adding more in the form of beans until he's year old.
 
Back
Top