Thanks so much!
I'd never heard of the baby powder behind the ears trick, I will definitely have to do that. I'm also ordering some Flossies today, can't wait to get them!
Monet had a great case of the zoomies this morning. It was the first time I've been allowed to really play with him. Before, he'd play on his own, but never invite me to play too. This morning, he brought me all of his toys, one at a time. I would throw them and he'd bound off the bed, pounce on the toy, and throw it in the air. Then he'd run around the room and leap back up on the bed, we played tug a bit, and then I'd throw it again. We played like this for a 1/2 hour. It was so absolutely adorable!
Last night, he was all tuckered out because we walked for that 1/2 hour, plus the 15 minute walk earlier in the morning, and I took him out a few other times during the day for about 4-5 minutes. At one point, he laid on his back, stretched out with his legs up in the air, leaning up against me. So different than the dog I had 5 days ago!
I'm so happy to see he's starting to show his happy, playful self. He's definitely a sweetheart.
I'd never heard of the baby powder behind the ears trick, I will definitely have to do that. I'm also ordering some Flossies today, can't wait to get them!
Monet had a great case of the zoomies this morning. It was the first time I've been allowed to really play with him. Before, he'd play on his own, but never invite me to play too. This morning, he brought me all of his toys, one at a time. I would throw them and he'd bound off the bed, pounce on the toy, and throw it in the air. Then he'd run around the room and leap back up on the bed, we played tug a bit, and then I'd throw it again. We played like this for a 1/2 hour. It was so absolutely adorable!
Last night, he was all tuckered out because we walked for that 1/2 hour, plus the 15 minute walk earlier in the morning, and I took him out a few other times during the day for about 4-5 minutes. At one point, he laid on his back, stretched out with his legs up in the air, leaning up against me. So different than the dog I had 5 days ago!
I'm so happy to see he's starting to show his happy, playful self. He's definitely a sweetheart.
I think it is an extension of house training.
He is currently revisiting housetraining 101 and under strict watch in the house like you would a puppy so far so good. If that doesn't work,he will get a belly band. Usually with shelties, they pee on themselves once or twice and they stop that behavior.