PreciousSheltie
Forums Enthusiast
Thank you everyone for all the responses, I've read through them all! 
After another day of observation I think I've confirmed that this is a case of allergies/sensitives to something OUTSIDE. It's NOT in the house. My family has gotten a routine together and are working to help out with Precious a bit more lately: they take her out in the morning for her wake up bathroom break. But because of this, as I tend to still be asleep usually when they leave for work, I didn't realize Precious' sneezing was from being outdoors. I confirmed it when I let her out in the afternoon this time and the moment I opened the door she was so irritated and kept sneezing - had a sneeze attack, then she had a wheeze/gag attack a while later on the walk. It seems that it's REALLY bad when she first steps out/door opens and sneezes second after second. But on the walk, after a while the sneezes tend to decrease with time as she gets use to it and sneezes only once or twice in a half hour period after the initial sneeze attack. And when she's inside again she's perfectly fine. A sneeze here and there to clear everything up from outdoors maybe but then the next few hours before her next bathroom break, not a single peep from her nose. Again I let her out at night to let her pee. AS soon as I opened the door, sneeze attack. I was connecting the dots before of what I had observed by chance but now that I tried to see if it was an outdoors or indoors stimulant, I have pinpointed it to something outdoors in the air.
If it is indeed something 'all of a sudden' outdoors, this only started Thursday or Friday. And it is something like allergies to the pollen or what not, is this something I need to have checked out by a vet, like how humans take allergy medications is this something I have to take Precious to the vet for and have something prescribed for seasonal allergies? Or, like humans, it won't harm Precious but will simply keep sneezing? Are medications automatically necessary for allergies or it's possible this will pass. Is there anything I can try to do for her to help with the sneezing and irritation or there is basically nothing I can do to help this (wipe her snout/nose?)? She doesn't seem upset about it and it doesn't change her mood when we're out, it's just that she sneezes. So she walks, sneezes, and then happily hops along wanting to continue the walk. But then sneezes, but is unmoved by it and continues along happily. So her behaviour isn't any different because of this sudden irritant that's come up. Someone mentioned children's benedryl. Is this something I should indeed try if I'm not planning on taking Precious to the vet and just need something to help with small allergies? Questions questions, I apologize in advance for all the questions hahah Clearly I know very little about dog/human allergies... (I always associated doggie allergy symptoms to be licking of the paw or rubbing of the snout on furniture/carpet/floor, etc)
After another day of observation I think I've confirmed that this is a case of allergies/sensitives to something OUTSIDE. It's NOT in the house. My family has gotten a routine together and are working to help out with Precious a bit more lately: they take her out in the morning for her wake up bathroom break. But because of this, as I tend to still be asleep usually when they leave for work, I didn't realize Precious' sneezing was from being outdoors. I confirmed it when I let her out in the afternoon this time and the moment I opened the door she was so irritated and kept sneezing - had a sneeze attack, then she had a wheeze/gag attack a while later on the walk. It seems that it's REALLY bad when she first steps out/door opens and sneezes second after second. But on the walk, after a while the sneezes tend to decrease with time as she gets use to it and sneezes only once or twice in a half hour period after the initial sneeze attack. And when she's inside again she's perfectly fine. A sneeze here and there to clear everything up from outdoors maybe but then the next few hours before her next bathroom break, not a single peep from her nose. Again I let her out at night to let her pee. AS soon as I opened the door, sneeze attack. I was connecting the dots before of what I had observed by chance but now that I tried to see if it was an outdoors or indoors stimulant, I have pinpointed it to something outdoors in the air.
If it is indeed something 'all of a sudden' outdoors, this only started Thursday or Friday. And it is something like allergies to the pollen or what not, is this something I need to have checked out by a vet, like how humans take allergy medications is this something I have to take Precious to the vet for and have something prescribed for seasonal allergies? Or, like humans, it won't harm Precious but will simply keep sneezing? Are medications automatically necessary for allergies or it's possible this will pass. Is there anything I can try to do for her to help with the sneezing and irritation or there is basically nothing I can do to help this (wipe her snout/nose?)? She doesn't seem upset about it and it doesn't change her mood when we're out, it's just that she sneezes. So she walks, sneezes, and then happily hops along wanting to continue the walk. But then sneezes, but is unmoved by it and continues along happily. So her behaviour isn't any different because of this sudden irritant that's come up. Someone mentioned children's benedryl. Is this something I should indeed try if I'm not planning on taking Precious to the vet and just need something to help with small allergies? Questions questions, I apologize in advance for all the questions hahah Clearly I know very little about dog/human allergies... (I always associated doggie allergy symptoms to be licking of the paw or rubbing of the snout on furniture/carpet/floor, etc)
Last edited:
