Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

itching

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by petdoors, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I just started a new oral med called Credelio, for fleas and ticks. It is working incredibly well. I don't like using more chemicals on them than I have to so they will only be on this until the fall when the ticks die off. My Faith had tick paralysis from a tick a few weeks ago and it scared me badly enough to start them all on this, which my vet recommended as very safe. Ally's allergies were environmental, not food or fleas, so every fall/winter she was itching like crazy.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I haven't heard of this one..................

3. petdoors

petdoors Forums Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    I have never heard of this either. Do I get it from my Vet or like Petsmart? Anything to help my babies!!

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I have never heard of this either - maybe because

- now when ticks have become so dangerous and must not sit long after they bite

-I would probably think a little bit about this - "For ticks the effect occurs within 48 hours"

I will still prefer a product that works without ticks have to bite first

5. petdoors

petdoors Forums Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    I though the ticks stay on and I would see them. I do not think I have any ticks around my house. What would a tick vs flea bite look like? the poor thing lost all her hair above her tail from chewing so much.

6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    You can hardly see a flea bite, usually cats fleas most dogs are extremely sensitive to and one bite is enough to make life unbearable for your furfriend and it is often about the tail they chewing - thought absolutely you should visit your vet.

7. petdoors

petdoors Forums Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    I took my dogs all to the vet yesterday and they are all on a new flea medicine. Its a new chewable tablet. It is supposed to prevent fleas. However do not fleas have to bite before the medicine works? He also said that it sounds like they have horrible seasonal allergies as well.