I've joined the Knee Bracers

I found when I wear a fabric ankle cast (I forget right now the correct term) it makes a world of difference in the pain. Glad you were feeling better. It takes a long time to heal from a tear or sprain. I would rather have a break.
 
Well, I just got back from PT. I was told it's not a torn ligament (that's good), but that I have loose ligaments (not badly, so that's even better). After a LOT of pain, I'm told I need to loosen up my quad muscles. He told me I can do agility, just be sure to warm up, loosen up, etc. Also said that since the brace helps when I wear it, but causes my knee to hurt more later.....to not to wear it. Really? Cool. No more strange tan lines.

Just a quick update since I've gotten new info. Everyone I know suggested different exercises and I got a PT appt to find out what the correct exercises are for my issues. Wow! And to find out it's not a torn ligament, even better. Still need to loosen and strengthen though.

Guess I'm no longer a part of the knee bracers.
 
Good to hear not a torn ligament and let me know about the exercises, cuz I need to get something going soon!!!
I will let ya know what my future diagnosis is once I can get to my Physio...

The torn ligament and sprained ankle are still darn painful and even tho I am DYING to participate in a fun match on the 18, I really shouldn't... :dead:
 
So glad your ligament is not torn!

I may be joining the foot boot club. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out a bad bruise from 3 weeks ago is actually a small fracture on my heal. He told me no running or jumping and worst of all no flip flops! :(
 
So glad your ligament is not torn!

I may be joining the foot boot club. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out a bad bruise from 3 weeks ago is actually a small fracture on my heal. He told me no running or jumping and worst of all no flip flops! :(

OMG, we are bunch of gimps! lollll

That sucks so bad, Randi!!!
 
I'm so glad it's not torn! I tell people I don't do agility because of the wear and tear on the dogs' joints. The real truth is, it's the wear and tear on MY joints! :lol:
 
So glad your ligament is not torn!

I may be joining the foot boot club. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out a bad bruise from 3 weeks ago is actually a small fracture on my heal. He told me no running or jumping and worst of all no flip flops! :(

Oh yikes!!! That's not good. Take care of it and hope it heals fast.

Good to hear not a torn ligament and let me know about the exercises, cuz I need to get something going soon!!!
I will let ya know what my future diagnosis is once I can get to my Physio...

The torn ligament and sprained ankle are still darn painful and even tho I am DYING to participate in a fun match on the 18, I really shouldn't... :dead:

Don't do it! It's not worth it. I don't even have a torn ligament and I was running. Naughty.




So far, PT is going well. Painful, but well. The PT thinks I have a couple of issues. The first is the loose ligaments but now he thinks I also have patella tendonitis. lol. So, I'm basically trying to loosen up all my muscles in my leg. quads, calves, etc. I keep thinking of when I was in high school PE. Y'know how you stretched everyday? I'm doing that on top of the exercises he is having me doing. If he'd quit hurting me, those exercises wouldn't hurt so much. lol.
 
Back
Top