Jaspers ears~

Yes, but sables go thru a LOT of coat colors before getting their adult coats.

Indy was quite light at one time.
http://lavendelshelties.shutterfly.com/oursheltieherd/209
But ended up a bright pumpkin sable boy
http://lavendelshelties.shutterfly.com/oursheltieherd/216



Emma was a pure pumpkin color at one time.
http://lavendelshelties.shutterfly.com/oursheltieherd/275
But now is a shaded sable merle
http://lavendelshelties.shutterfly.com/oursheltieherd/418

There are some huge differances in those pictures. Hummm very interesting.

Really the picture doesn't actually show how light he actually is.He's lighter than Earnhardt.Mostly a light cream,sandy color.

And has white areas coming in from shoulder to shoulder.His tail is white sandy color,kinda marbly looking.And a ring of black.Other than the dark area down his back,thats all he has for dark areas.

He's a sweet little babe,so patient.I did get "the look" after gluing his ears,but he got a good treat,belly rub.
It's all good~
 
Thank you.I was worried.How long should they hold? can I count on at least a week?

The only problem I can see I am having is Trapp will not leave his ears alone.He keeps licking them.tonite when I put Jasper to bed,his ears were all slobber~

With Ember, they stayed for months. With Diva, I think I redid them every 3 weks or so as they worked out.
 
Che's ears came up on its own and look great except now one ear is coming straight up so I started putting tape on the tip to weight it down, glue did not hold it at all...
your picture looks great!
Per "Sheltie talk" what is behind the ears is that how color will be
 
They look pretty good!

Just make sure that you have some adhesive remover, like Detchol, handy. The glue should start to give in about 2-3 weeks. Then you want to remove the old glue and start again

Just beware of what I did....I built the Berlin Wall in Bacca's ears, had to break down the wall to get it all out, and no more hair to glue.
 
Well that was going thru my mind for sure.And I only used a small dab.But I noticed tonite,due to the guys playing,todays rain,and Trapp licking Jaspers ears,this glue session will not go 2-3 weeks.as I noticed tonite one is coming undone.

So maybe just a bigger dab for the next time.I've had the bottle of detachol prior to bringing Trapp home.So no problems there,and the gals in Walmart said just give them a days notice,and they will get me another.

So next gluing hopefully we can get at least 2 weeks. I told Trapp that i was going to get the "cone of shame" out of the closet....and Earnhardt went "Rut..you say cone..oh no"! Woofs:eek2:
 
Che's ears came up on its own and look great except now one ear is coming straight up so I started putting tape on the tip to weight it down, glue did not hold it at all...
your picture looks great!
Per "Sheltie talk" what is behind the ears is that how color will be

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?
 
Well that was going thru my mind for sure.And I only used a small dab.But I noticed tonite,due to the guys playing,todays rain,and Trapp licking Jaspers ears,this glue session will not go 2-3 weeks.as I noticed tonite one is coming undone.

So maybe just a bigger dab for the next time.I've had the bottle of detachol prior to bringing Trapp home.So no problems there,and the gals in Walmart said just give them a days notice,and they will get me another.

So next gluing hopefully we can get at least 2 weeks. I told Trapp that i was going to get the "cone of shame" out of the closet....and Earnhardt went "Rut..you say cone..oh no"! Woofs:eek2:

2 weeks would be awesome- Cranberry is lucky to get through 1 week- sometimes I try and glue in between weekemd visits to sheltie school- never lasts though :wink2:
 
what she is saying is, in the Sheltie Talk book it says that sable puppy's color will be the color of the fur behind their ears.

Really! I must not have got that far yet in reading.Very interesting..cause if thats the case,Jasper is going to be very creamy sand color.Theres no dark on him,other than the rims of his ears,one black ring around his tail,a scant amount of guard hairs,rest of them are vey light.His tail is marbled,grey,white.

And his coat is showing white from shoulder to shoulder.His undercoat is all white or cream.

Unlike Trapp at this age,Trapp was a much darker color,very pretty pumpkin,and a very dark streak down his spine area.Also at this age & older,he was showing dark areas from ahoulder to shoulder.And his undercoat very dark.

So we'll all wait and see.I don't care if he's polka dotted..he's a sweet babe~
 
I dont think that holds true or else the majority of mine are off....Their color is always lighter behind their ears than their actual body color..
 
Back
Top