Jump Height

Phebe measures in at 17" exactly, so she's jumping 16" in AKC (in a couple of weeks). If I decide to try USDAA (there's a local trial in November), then we'll probably enter the Preferred classes, so that she can still jump 16". I think she could handle the 22", but I think it's just too high. I don't understand why USDAA jump heights leap from 16" to 22" in the championship classes.
 
Koji is pushing 18" so he's at the cut-off for many. Here's what he jumps:

NADAC: 16" (dog over 18" would jump 20" phew! just made it)
AKC: 16" (he's in the middle of the range - 16-20")
CPE: 16" (same as AKC - middle of the road)
USDAA: 16" Preferred (Koji falls in the 16"+ to 21" for Championship, which puts him at 22". No way am I having him jump that, so he'll stay at 16" in Preferred)

In AKC, the 16" class is for dogs 14" to 18" so he barely made it in there too. I was really sweating were Diva would be she at one time was pushing 14" I still have to sweat it out for 2 more measures after she is 2yrs
 
All I do is AKC agility, so here's what mine jump:
12": Athena (13.25), Kai (14), Aurora (13.75), Elektra (`3.75)
16": Ember (16), Caleb (15.25), Gael (15.75)
My Lark, the going on 5 month old pup of mine will probably be another 12"er
The only one who's height is a disadvantage is Kai's. She jumps 12", but in ISC is going to have to do 18", as the 14" ISC ends at 13.75"
 
In AKC, the 16" class is for dogs 14" to 18" so he barely made it in there too. I was really sweating were Diva would be she at one time was pushing 14" I still have to sweat it out for 2 more measures after she is 2yrs

Oops, I'll go fix my post. ;) The reason I wrote that is because I recall seeing bigger dogs run, but maybe those were in Preferred.
 
on that note, you guys..
Can an experienced Trialer tell me how the dogs get measured? I need to think how to shape Toffee to allow that, lol
Especially if he is OVER 18 inches :( with a silly tape measure it looked like he is 18.5, which sucks! I don't really want to jump him higher than 16 inches... :(
 
on that note, you guys..
Can an experienced Trialer tell me how the dogs get measured? I need to think how to shape Toffee to allow that, lol
Especially if he is OVER 18 inches :( with a silly tape measure it looked like he is 18.5, which sucks! I don't really want to jump him higher than 16 inches... :(

What they didin AKC when I had my dogs measured is they had they put up on the agility table had me stand them and then step back from the table with my hands at my sides and then swung the arm of the wicket over they shoudlers and got the measurement. The wicket is free standing and the arm rotates around the upright. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
 
What they didin AKC when I had my dogs measured is they had they put up on the agility table had me stand them and then step back from the table with my hands at my sides and then swung the arm of the wicket over they shoudlers and got the measurement. The wicket is free standing and the arm rotates around the upright. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

UHOH
they swing stuff OVER the dog?? he'll never hold still for that, lol. I need to get training on that for next year's trials LOL
 
UHOH
they swing stuff OVER the dog?? he'll never hold still for that, lol. I need to get training on that for next year's trials LOL

http://www.actionk9.com/measure.html

Here is a picture of the one AKC/USDAA uses. I have no idea if CPE uses a similar one

BTW Diva was not impressed by the wicket and probably why she measure the same as Ember. Even though she didn't move she ducked slightly. I'm not fixing that.:lol:
 
Back
Top