Jump Height

CPE will use a similar measuring tool or they can use U-shaped PVC wickets. Each U is set to the max dog height for a jump height (4, 8, 12, 16, & 20). If the wicket touches the table the dog is standing on, they try the next smaller one. If that doesn't touch the table, they know the dog is between the max for for jump height X and jump height Y so therefore jumps height Y.
 
UHOH
they swing stuff OVER the dog?? he'll never hold still for that, lol. I need to get training on that for next year's trials LOL

One of the fun matches we participated in this summer had a wicket, so that we could practice getting our dogs measured. Also, we were able to borrow a wicket and measured our dogs in class last week. If your dog is close to going over a critical measurement, it's good to get them to drop their head (and shoulders) for the measuring.
 
One of the fun matches we participated in this summer had a wicket, so that we could practice getting our dogs measured. Also, we were able to borrow a wicket and measured our dogs in class last week. If your dog is close to going over a critical measurement, it's good to get them to drop their head (and shoulders) for the measuring.

uhm what about running off alltogether.. and barking food head off? lol
 
UHOH
they swing stuff OVER the dog?? he'll never hold still for that, lol. I need to get training on that for next year's trials LOL

It definitely depends on the judge measuring. The one that did mine at AKC, did it slowly and from the behind, while her hand was already at his withers, so Koji hardly noticed (he was also standing close to the main bar). However, my trainers dog got measured by the other judge (same day) and she swung it really fast and kinda tapped the dogs back (no hand to catch it). Freaked the dog out. And that dog rarely freaks out.

I know for my one CPE, it was the same type as the picture someone linked to, but Silaria would know best. In NADAC, they use PVC pipes made into a upside down U shape. And that freaked Koji out even more so than the other thing. But they measure for "is the dog under X height", not specific height, like AKC/CPE.

I have heard of people training their dogs to slouch to get them under. No clue how to do that. Strangely enough, Koji's measurements for AKC were 17.75 and 17.25. I'd think half an inch is a lot of difference. But he's under, so I'm not complaining. lol.
 
Last time I measured Chase he was about 16.75" What would he jump assuming he won't grow any more?
 
I am hoping Toffee will only have to jump 16" in Standard CPE (pretty much the only thing around here, plus Toffee has no papers, lol)

I got an AKC ILP number for Vinca. She is a rescue and did not have papers. ILP stands for Indefinite Listing Priviledge that allos dogs to be entered in the class or classes for which they are eligible at AKC Obedience Trials, Tracking Tests, Herding, Lure Coursing, Agility, Earth Dog Events, and Hunting Tests. I got the ILP by contacting the AKC and I think I had to send them in some pictures of Vinca so they could confer that she was in fact a Sheltie.
 
Last time I measured Chase he was about 16.75" What would he jump assuming he won't grow any more?

Totally depends on venue. I think for AKC he would jump 16" (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but in USDAA he would jump 22" (if he did championship) or 16" if he did Performance.
 
Last time I measured Chase he was about 16.75" What would he jump assuming he won't grow any more?

from http://www.affordableagility.com/misc/heights.htm

AKC
over 14" and under 18" at the withers: 16" jump height


USDAA
over 16" and under 21" at the withers: 22" jump height
(performance would be 16")

CPE
For dogs 20” or less:: 16” jump height


UKC
over 14" and under 20" at the withers: 14" jump height


NADAC
For dogs 18” and under:: 16” jump height
 
Back
Top