Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Justus and Flyer 2020 "utility or bust"

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Good luck! Cran is a good boy...you'll do great!

Calliesmom likes this.
  2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    We are getting ready for two afternoon trials this weekend in Utility A. Paws crossed as this is a different location and there will be a concurrent conformation show of English Springer Spaniels.

Oh well, if we can do it there we can do it anywhere! :excited!:

Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    good luck:fl

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Good luck! I hate the shows with combined obedience and confirmation indoors.
    Not so much the dogs but the people...they're always standing in the aisles and practically blocking entrance to ring. And of course oblivious to everything going on around them including their dog lol!

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Well, who knew! Flyer wasn't bothered a bit by the Springer Spaniels on grooming tables, or their noisy forced air dryers. On Saturday he did a fine job, after he walked in too far on the signal exercise. (eye roll) He was one of the few dogs that nailed the go-outs. :)

On Sunday, just for a little added pressure, my Son, Daughter in Law, and three grandchildren came to gulp..watch! It was the barkiest Flyer has ever been and I could kiss the "deaf" judge. :D We qualified for our 2nd Utility A leg with a 192!!!! :eek:

So practically giddy, I haven't stopped smiling yet, but now I am nail bitting because this Saturday we are entered in the morning in Preferred Utility ( have 1 leg) and in the afternoon in Utility A (gulp, wouldn't it be grand???!!!) and there isn't any do-able trials again until March ... so let's all bow our heads and pray.... LOL!

He does or he doesn't - it's been a thrill so far and it takes what it takes. We will get there!

Oh, and after that UD, we take some time off for foundation fixing. That barking has got to stop, and so with the knee nipping... :)

Ann and Calliesmom like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we only got to run on Sat. Cran did amazing- until he failed to wait until the judge told me to call him on the recall:rolleyes2:

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    congrats- that is awesome that Flyer did so well:yes:

8. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Well, he did a WHOLE LOT right! Why wait when you can run! Flyer feels his way, it's just a whole lot easier to do it without the wait.

He's got this, congratulations on all the other things he did well!

Calliesmom likes this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I so wish I had video- he really was awesome:yes:

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Well, today didn't go so well. We NQ'd on directed jumping in Preferred, and he missed the down signal in Utility A. Darn. He was really pretty good, I thought, otherwise. I'll post the video's tomorrow.

Nothing to do now, but train and complain till March. :D We have entries for Valentine's Day weekend in Rally, unless I want to go to Columbia SC for a trial....and that would be a bit far.

Calliesmom likes this.