King kong

I still think it is worth the $$ cuz he normally is too hyper to sit on my lap and let me pet him .. so at least he is calm for a while and i can pet or brush him.

Oh I absolutely agree and Bailey is the same way. Too hyper to lay down and be petted. In my house, each dog has their own kong.
 
I am thinking of getting a second kong for Lexi, and I was wondering for those that use them, how much can you fill them up for a puppy? I don't want Lexi to get sick while I'm not home, or have to go to the bathroom.

I like the ideas that people posted (pb, bananas, carrots, apples, etc...) which are the most innocuous? In other words, which are least likely to make her have to go? :)
 
I am thinking of getting a second kong for Lexi, and I was wondering for those that use them, how much can you fill them up for a puppy? I don't want Lexi to get sick while I'm not home, or have to go to the bathroom.

I like the ideas that people posted (pb, bananas, carrots, apples, etc...) which are the most innocuous? In other words, which are least likely to make her have to go? :)
'
well i bought the small puppy one and you cant really get too much food/treats in them. ( maybe a long term kong user can give you a better answer)
 
I have two medium one's for Maggie and Zak. Maggie and Katie never chewed on theirs if they did not have food on them but Zak chews away happily on his either way. I have a black one for him.
 
I am thinking of getting a second kong for Lexi, and I was wondering for those that use them, how much can you fill them up for a puppy? I don't want Lexi to get sick while I'm not home, or have to go to the bathroom.

I like the ideas that people posted (pb, bananas, carrots, apples, etc...) which are the most innocuous? In other words, which are least likely to make her have to go? :)

I have the small puppy sized one. It fits about two teaspoons of can food or pumpkin. I haven't tried anything else.
 
'
well i bought the small puppy one and you cant really get too much food/treats in them. ( maybe a long term kong user can give you a better answer)

Thanks! I think we must have the medium for Bentley and I was thinking that that was the smallest. I'll have to go out and get the puppy one. That sounds perfect.

Thanks everyone!
 
I still think it is worth the $$ cuz he normally is too hyper to sit on my lap and let me pet him .. so at least he is calm for a while and i can pet or brush him.

they teach us at the puppy class to "settle" and I have found out it is really useful trick to learn specially if the pup is overexcited... or you could always put a small t shirt on the pup- it does calms them pretty good- has to be reasonably hugging though...
 
We love Kongs too! During the time I was home cooking meals for Romeo, they were abit squidgy and I would stuff them into standard kongs and even the kong ball. He was eating every meal out of a kong basically. It was what was suggested by Dr Ian Dunbar.
 
Back
Top