King kong

DrShelli, Thanks for the honey idea. I was at a local farmers market last weekend and they had guy selling localy grown honey- he said it is great for allergies. For some reason I did not think puppies could have honey. I like the apple idea too.
 
We also love Kongs...
Maybe my dog Clancy is odder then I thought...no one has mentioned their dogs throwing their Kongs...LOL
He loves to get it and and toss it in the air..throw it down the stairs to knock the goodies loose. He doesn't really chew it..he licks at it.
I will feed him his kibble in a treat ball alot of times because he is such a pig when eating..it slows him down a bit..but he also throws that down the stairs to get the food to fall out faster...
Abby is a lady with hers..LOL They both bring me Kongs and either put them in my lap or lay them at my feet...subtle hints..LOL

Mine don't care what I put in them..I usually smear the ends with peanut butter and put all kinds of stuff in the middle..carrots, apples, cheese...and I also do the yogurt and freeze them. I bought the Kong stuffin in the can once...they didn't seem to like it much and I had to wash it all out and add the regular stuff before they were interested again...

Julie
Clancy & Abby
 
The kong stuffing is disgusting. We had some at work and I gave some to Justice and Ember, both got diarrhea and then I read the ingredients. :( I'll stick to natural stuffing like apples, etc. :smile2:
 
thank you for the recipe, I like the idea of banana/ apple / carrot- will do it tomorrow. Stuffing from the store is disgusting so I have been mixing human grade cheese spread with peanut butter and use eatable nylabone or milkbone to stick inside. Then I freeze it so pup can have longer time licking it off. While he is a chewer he is not too eager to chew on it- we have small red cone one- I tasted it and it tasted very bitter, even after several dishwasher cycles.
Che does like his rawhides/ chewies/ flossies from natural things
 
Maybe somebody asked this before, but you can you put Kongs in the dishwasher (top rack)? Would sure make cleaning them a lot easier.
 
I got Snickers a kong today cut up sum banana and pumpkin and froze it .... he loved it as long as the food lasted... but was disinterested when the food was gone. Was a little confused at what to do at first .. so he sat on my lap and i held it and let him lick away.. (always happy to have some bonding time with my boy ) :biggrin2:
 
I got Snickers a kong today cut up sum banana and pumpkin and froze it .... he loved it as long as the food lasted... but was disinterested when the food was gone. Was a little confused at what to do at first .. so he sat on my lap and i held it and let him lick away.. (always happy to have some bonding time with my boy ) :biggrin2:

Yea my dogs don't play with the kong if there's no food in it.
 
Back
Top