Koji got another Jumpers title (O-NJC)

Congratulations Koji! What a wonderful, wonderful accomplishment. I will have to wait until tonight to sit down and watch all the videos. Now I know why I don't have a TV - no time with all these great videos you guys post. Thanks to all of these videos, I get my agility trial fix :biggrin2: , until Maia is ready to trial hopefully next year :cool:.
 
Great job! You really should consider him taking those jumps a huge success. One suggestion that I wanted to make is that as you are trying to get him to take the tunnel, you look at him. Looking at your dog means "Hey, pay attention, come to me". Stuart Mah considers looking at your dog pulling him out of obstacle focus (what is required for distance). Next time, try keeping your hand out, and looking straight at the obstacle you want him to take (like that tunnel) and telling him loudly "TUNNEL!" Also, loud commands are obstacle focus and soft ones are handler focus because it requires them to really pay attention.

Hope you don't think I'm being rude, I just know we're working on some of the same things so I wanted to share what I've learned!
 
Hope you don't think I'm being rude, I just know we're working on some of the same things so I wanted to share what I've learned!

I don't consider any training advice as rude. And I typically will try something to see it it works. I forgot about the Stuart Mah stuff. Duh. I'll work on those things and the looking at him. See if it helps, makes a difference, etc. :) Thanks.
 
Back
Top