Koji's First AKC Trial

Videos!!!

Here are the videos that I decided to purchase. They are all from Saturday (the good day). All Q's. Although after watching it, that boy needs some massive help on his contacts. Yikes!! Loved his teeter and weaves.

Standard
JWW
FAST
 
Here are the videos that I decided to purchase. They are all from Saturday (the good day). All Q's. Although after watching it, that boy needs some massive help on his contacts. Yikes!! Loved his teeter and weaves.

Standard
JWW
FAST

He looks great bouncing through those weaves! And I'm jealous that he goes all the way to the end of the teeter. Nice job.

To follow up on that PM I just sent you...notice how on the dogwalk (I'm looking at his Standard run) he is trotting (not running) and he trots down the down side, and then BOUNCE he jumps off? Even though he gets his contact, in training, I wouldn't reward that. That's a jump, not a stride through. I hope that clarifies things some :)
 
He looks great bouncing through those weaves! And I'm jealous that he goes all the way to the end of the teeter. Nice job.

To follow up on that PM I just sent you...notice how on the dogwalk (I'm looking at his Standard run) he is trotting (not running) and he trots down the down side, and then BOUNCE he jumps off? Even though he gets his contact, in training, I wouldn't reward that. That's a jump, not a stride through. I hope that clarifies things some :)

Oh I would totally agree on the bounce versus stride. :) Thanks though for pointing that out. In class on Tuesday, we were working on speed and I was amazed he got the A-frame going really fast. He totally jumped over the dog walk contact though. That's when my trainers said he may need to do a 2o2o. I figure I'll work with him for a month and then see what happens. Hopefully he won't blow them all at the AKC trial in a few weeks. :)

Ah the teeter. My instructor wants them going so fast they slide...but now that even AKC is going rubber, I doubt there'll be any sliding (they were rubber at the only event I was in, I was surprised, but happy). We're working on his confidence and I have to tell myself, "go to the end, go to the end". lol. cuz he'd stop way back. Now he doesn't. Ugh. training! hehehe.

I love his weaves. He's pretty good at 12 too.
 
Kojii's Videos

Really nice videos and Kojii looks great.The judge did not call your miss contact on the frame though.I now have to go back and fix Sting creeping down the contacts.Anyways great videos and Koji looks awesome
 
Really nice videos and Kojii looks great.The judge did not call your miss contact on the frame though.I now have to go back and fix Sting creeping down the contacts.Anyways great videos and Koji looks awesome

I have no idea how any of you can see that. I can hardly even tell when he's barely in it. I kinda wondered if he missed that and his dog walk contacts. Ugh, I'm working on it. I'm going to try running first (like Ashley's doing) and if that doesn't work at all, 2o2o. Sigh.

Tell Sting to creep down in the yellow zone. The yellow zone is for creeping. Creeping is only allowed in the yellow zone. :)
 
Kojii's Videos

I think you did a GREAT job and like I said Kojii looks great!!!!!! Also that standard course looked really wide open.
 
Kojii's Videos

Novice is usally open but I have never seen one that wide open.Excellent and Open are tight.
 
Novice is usally open but I have never seen one that wide open.Excellent and Open are tight.

That's wide open? NADAC is even more open than that. ;) But yes, it was pretty spaced apart. Obviously, I can't tell you if that's normal or not. If I remember, I'll get a picture of my course map.
 
Kojii's Videos

That's wide open? NADAC is even more open than that. ;) But yes, it was pretty spaced apart. Obviously, I can't tell you if that's normal or not. If I remember, I'll get a picture of my course map.

I know NADAC is wide open as I have done that venue also.Go back and look at Sting's run and see the difference in space.That judge made you run, You guys looked awesome!!!!!
 
Back
Top