LA indoor agility trial

Calliesmom

Moderator
there's been a Labor Day weekend indoor trial for a while but I don't usually have the opportunity to go to it. My friend and I decided to go one day of the three days and see what it's like there so we were there yesterday.
I only entered Jocu and Dixie - Jocu ran in Novice Fast and they were both in Master JWW.
Dixie ran in Master Std.
They were pretty good runs..... especially since we haven't had many opportunities to practice with all the rain.....................
 
Ha ha, I saw the post title and thought you meant Los Angeles (LA), and wondered why it would be indoors, LOL. I think almost all trials around So Cal are outdoors. Glad you had a nice time.
 
Looks like all the runs were great! Don’t you just love it when your pups do well with little training? It makes me so happy when my boys surprised and delight me that way! Makes you really proud of them!

I just wish when these people video record these runs they would use the zoom feature on their camera when you are at the far end of the arena!
 
Looks like all the runs were great! Don’t you just love it when your pups do well with little training? It makes me so happy when my boys surprised and delight me that way! Makes you really proud of them!

I just wish when these people video record these runs they would use the zoom feature on their camera when you are at the far end of the arena!

thanks:yes:
zooming on a tablet while recording agility is challenging so I don't worry about it. I've had people zoom in too much and then you can't see both of us which makes it difficult to see how the dog is responding to what you are doing.
what bothers me when people video is when they use their phone and don't turn it sideways to get a landscape format.....
 
Ha ha, I saw the post title and thought you meant Los Angeles (LA), and wondered why it would be indoors, LOL. I think almost all trials around So Cal are outdoors. Glad you had a nice time.

most of our trials are also outdoors and usually only in spring, fall and winter- we don't have many summer trials in this area because of the weather:winkgrin:
 
Nice runs! I liked the comparison of Jocu and Dixie in JWW. He’s clearly a bit more thoughtful but she’s speedier!

No runs for Cran or Destin?
 
Nice runs! I liked the comparison of Jocu and Dixie in JWW. He’s clearly a bit more thoughtful but she’s speedier!

No runs for Cran or Destin?

no, we hadn't been to this arena before and weren't sure what it would be like. I tend to enter the Master level dogs at farther trials so we don't have to stay until the end. All Fast ran before regular std and jww so entering Jocu in that ended up as our first run of the weekend and then we got to std and finished with jww. the open and novice jww were still to go when we were packing up. it ended up being a long day since it was a one ring trial but we had fun.
I'm getting ready to enter Jocu in std later this fall so thought Fast would be a good trial run for his contacts. He did well so I'm happy with that.
Jocu wants to do it right and will let me get where I need to be so he does not go all out. Dixie likes to go fast so she does not always wait for me to tell her where to go so I usually end up being late with her....
 
Back
Top