Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Leg pains

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Tabitha, May 6, 2019.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Im hoping and praying it’s something like this. While it can be uncomfortable or even painful at times, it’s manageable and non life threatening.

Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Did your vet check out the shoulder? My boy Piper hurt his shoulder end of Oct. 2017. The vet manipulated it to diagnose (he was clearly in pain) and it took several months of crating, anti inflammatory's, carrying up and down stairs, outside on leash and finally a cortisone shot plus lots of massages and slow rehab to get him back to normal. Otherwise they re injure and eventually arthritis sets in.

I should add also that Piper did have one set back, I'd seen him limping about 2 months after he improved and I crated him and no stairs for a week and he was good (but I still watch him like a hawk!).

3. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Yes we did. The pain seems to be in his pastern. I’m thinking it may be a tendon. I’m not sure though

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Any news to share? Results on the X-ray?

5. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    No not yet. I called the vet to set up an appointment and ask for a price quote and right now we can’t afford X-rays. But we will be taking him in as soon as possible. The good news is I talked to my vet over the phone and she said that because of how long the pains have been going on for without any increase, the likelihood of it being cancer is very slim. She did say, however, that at his age (almost 8) if this continues arthritis could end up setting in if it hasn’t already.