Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Little Luke has a limp

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Selena Wohlslagel, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Selena Wohlslagel

Selena Wohlslagel Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2021

2. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    And Luke does LoL Horses have got my husband snowed too

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and SheepOfBlue like this.
  3. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Hubby is just too nice to be with any horse lol
    He kept saying something was wrong with his horse
    So I got off mine
    Got him on it
    Got on his and galloped away.looked back and my horse he was on was just walking along
    Roflol

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh yes, horses are masters at taking advantage of riders if they can. They figure that out right away! Dogs too!
    PS Selena, you can type your message in with the quote instead of having two posts. Insert the quote, then just hit a return so you are on a new line under the quoted part and there you go! :)

5. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Thanks I didn't know that.

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I bought it 5 years ago at a local pet store. It’s similar to this:
    https://www.cleanrun.com/product/floramicato_fluffy_tail_tug/index.cfm?ParentCat=1191
    Although I didn’t pay quite that much but it was $20 then...and considering I still have it (as I said it gets put away when not being used with me or they’d destroy it lol) I’d say I got my money’s worth!

Selena Wohlslagel and Sharon7 like this.
  7. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
  8. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Little Luke does have a birth defect in one foreleg growth plate.however glucosamine with condrotin is helping and he is not limping but he will need the medication for all his life. Shame on you puppy mill breeders. Shelties all deserve a full and active life. And your breeding dogs deserve better too. I've never mentioned that I was born with congenital spinal stenosis. But I can tell you it's very painful. No one or sheltie deserves a life of pain. Please be wary of buying from pet stores,those of you who might be looking for a sheltie puppy. Most of them buy from puppy mills with very little regard for the pups. When I found Luke at Petland he was in a plastic viewing box with another very small little poodle puppy. Active Luke should have been with a dog his own size who could take the play. The poor little poodle puppy never even moved when they took Luke out. Looking back I feel so sad for the other little dog. But we love Luke and are so glad we got him out of that situation. It's just plain wrong to do this to loving little puppies. These pet stores should be shut down if they are not selling pups from honorable breeders.

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.