Looking for a recommendation

I've decided to stick with Now! which is 24% protein and Grain Free.

I was concerned by the amount and size of poop for awhile, but determined that the issue was that moisture in the ground was causing the poop size to swell! :o:o

Now that the weather is warmer and dryer, I'm finding poop quite a normal size.

So if you are looking for grain free but not too high in protein, I do recommend Now! My dogs love it!
 
Long story short, I'm looking again and came across these:

Nature's Variety limited ingredients. I thought of Lexi.
Lamb 29% protein
Turkey 29% protein

Wasn't sure if 29% is too high for you, and if turkey is an issue, but thought you might like to check it out....just in case.

Thanks for the idea! I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm still rotating Acana, and the dogs are doing fine. I guess I was hoping that I would see a big difference, but really I don't. I might just stick with one and go with it (and rotate flavors). I feel like finding the perfect food is like looking for the holy grail. I should just quit :lol:
 
Glad you found something that works. I feel the same way, find one that works and stick with it. I might try rotating between flavors of Orijen myself or might even try rotating in Acana at some point, since they're made by the same company. I've been really happy with Orijen and a good friend of mine has been really happy with Acana.
 
Being a TOTW user,Brian & I decided to also use Wellness as part of our rotation to give these pups variety.

So far so good,we have been mixing the two,and no ill effects.One of the biggest advantages I see with the food,is that it does contain Chondroiten (sp)and that is a plus for Earnhardt.

They really seem to like it.
 
Back
Top