1. Guest - Please ensure that you have read the Missing Sheltie Rules before starting a thread.
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

LOST Sheltie- Bellmore, NY - $Reward$

Discussion in 'Missing Shelties' started by sabba.h, Feb 4, 2012.

1. sabba.h

sabba.h Forums Novice

Feb 4, 2012
    Bellmore/Merrick, NY
  2. Noneeds4me

Noneeds4me Forums Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    She sent me another rescue's website info: www.lissr.org It's the Long Island Shetland Sheepdog Rescue. She doesn't have any personal contacts here, but thought you should know that the more rescues that are aware...the better.

Also...as far as ther rescue she DOES have a contact through...she said that Julie has gotten the e-mail she forwarded about your babe, "but it wouldn't hurt for the owner to contact her too... Her email is [email protected]"

This rescue group is called Tri-State Sheltie Rescue, and the link is www.tristatesheltierescue.org. They're also referred to by her as (Shetland Sheepdog Rescue Dog Adoption Long Island NY NJ CT Shelties) She also added "I hope this helps. Prayers keep coming that this little girl can be found safely."

We ALL hope this helps :yes:

3. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Any updates? I was hoping that maybe if someone had her, they were keeping her until today when vet's offices (microchip) or other places were opened so they could track down her owners.

I sure do hope that she is OK.

4. Noneeds4me

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    Another thought...and suggestion. I see it says **REWARD**. You should put the amount on flyers and post them all around. The bigger the reward, the more chance that if someone is keeping her...that may make the difference in returning her.

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Not to offend, but I've learned that you never put the amount. Some folks will hold out for more, whereas if there is no specified amount, they takes their chances.

6. Noneeds4me

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh NO offense at all Chris ;-).. My friend had mentioned to me the idea because she knew of someone that tried for a long time to find their pup by posting flyers without it...and when they finally added the $1000 reward...amazingly...the dog was returned. It's a sad testament to society, but many times..money speaks.

Another thought would be if someone calls and wants more $$, at least you know where your pupper is.

Thankfully, I've never been in the shoes of needing to figure out which way is best. We did have our very first sheltie girl get out (years ago), and after an agonizing night of not finding her..., we placed an ad in the local newspaper. When I was on the phone with the rep., miraculously....the people who found her were placing a "found" ad and the rep put us together ;-).

You make a very good point though.

Sure wish we'd see a FOUND added to this thread by now ;-(

Chris likes this.
  7. Trail Rider

Trail Rider Forums Novice

Apr 8, 2018
    I know it's been a long time since Miszka was lost. I also lost my sheltie in 2012 in Long Island and never found him. Was Miszka ever found?