corbinam
Moderator
Bentley had 3 teeth extracted and his teeth cleaned on Monday.
The day he came home we noticed a lump on his side, larger than a silver dollar by his rib cage. I was worried about it, but the first few nights he was just laying on his side so I thought it might be food so I was more worried getting him to poop (if you remember he didn't poop for about 3 days after his surgery).
After he went to the bathroom we noticed it was still there (it's very obvious if you pet his side). It was movable, and it didn't seem attached. I got really worried about it, assuming it was a tumor of some kind. I plan to call the vet in the morning.
The more I thought about it, the more I just can't believe we didn't notice it before. It is right in his "petting" spot. And we line brush him every week and I'm sure I would have noticed. So I have to think that it basically popped up overnight.
And, it only appeared after his surgery. And the kicker? It is WAY smaller today! It is about the size of a quarter.
Is it possible that they injected him with something in that very spot and it's just a bubble of air or liquid? Seems odd, but I don't know what else it could be. I'm praying it is something simple like that.
(And as a note, Bentley is only 5).
The day he came home we noticed a lump on his side, larger than a silver dollar by his rib cage. I was worried about it, but the first few nights he was just laying on his side so I thought it might be food so I was more worried getting him to poop (if you remember he didn't poop for about 3 days after his surgery).
After he went to the bathroom we noticed it was still there (it's very obvious if you pet his side). It was movable, and it didn't seem attached. I got really worried about it, assuming it was a tumor of some kind. I plan to call the vet in the morning.
The more I thought about it, the more I just can't believe we didn't notice it before. It is right in his "petting" spot. And we line brush him every week and I'm sure I would have noticed. So I have to think that it basically popped up overnight.
And, it only appeared after his surgery. And the kicker? It is WAY smaller today! It is about the size of a quarter.
Is it possible that they injected him with something in that very spot and it's just a bubble of air or liquid? Seems odd, but I don't know what else it could be. I'm praying it is something simple like that.
(And as a note, Bentley is only 5).
Last edited: