MACH question

Not sure what the heck I'm talking about. :rolleyes2:

And yay. I don't need to track it. How fast do they update it? If it's as slow as their regular "process time" (4 weeks?), I may just do my own spreadsheet to see watch my progress.

I definitely am not going to "push" him for it to get it faster, but it'll be fun to watch how slowly it takes him to get into Standard. lol. I guess how often I trial matters too. Hmmm....hubby needs to find a job, PRONTO!

It's sloooooow. Trax got his Open Fast title 4 weeks ago and it's still not showing on their site yet. Should be soon though.

Edited to add: They must've just updated it because his title is there now :)
 
You can have time faults. 3pts off for every second over course time, so you can Q with 5 seconds over. I know because my poor Smokey depended on those extra 5 seconds in every run when he got his AX and AXJ ;)

Ah, okay. So ExA and ExB basically have to be clean runs (not taking into consideration time faults).

I'm so grateful for you pros! lol. It's frustrating to not Q and have absolutely no idea why you didn't.
 
Ah, okay. So ExA and ExB basically have to be clean runs (not taking into consideration time faults).

I'm so grateful for you pros! lol. It's frustrating to not Q and have absolutely no idea why you didn't.

I just studied the agility rule book...that's all. I'm kinda obsessive like that :D

Yeah in ExA you can have time faults, but come ExB there are no time faults allowed. Smokey's last would-be Q and what would've been his MX title, he was ONE second over course time :( He had to retire soon after because of his failing vision :(
 
I just studied the agility rule book...that's all. I'm kinda obsessive like that :D

Yeah in ExA you can have time faults, but come ExB there are no time faults allowed. Smokey's last would-be Q and what would've been his MX title, he was ONE second over course time :( He had to retire soon after because of his failing vision :(

AWww...that is so heartbreaking. So close!!!
 
It sure was! He was slow, but he was always consistent and predictable :)

That's my Ember. She has 2 OA and 2 OAJ legs and 5 for 5 in AKC and she was only over on time once(by 3 secs) when my 1 leg away from her UDX dog took 3 commands and atleast 5 seconds to sit on the table:rolleyes2:(prior to rule change). She rarely never misses a jump or makes a mistake unless it is my fault. However, she'll need every bit of time to Q in ExA. I doubt she'll go beyond that but we'll see. I need to know how she is going to run after this injury.
 
That's my Ember. She has 2 OA and 2 OAJ legs and 5 for 5 in AKC and she was only over on time once(by 3 secs) when my 1 leg away from her UDX dog took 3 commands and atleast 5 seconds to sit on the table:rolleyes2:(prior to rule change). She rarely never misses a jump or makes a mistake unless it is my fault. However, she'll need every bit of time to Q in ExA. I doubt she'll go beyond that but we'll see. I need to know how she is going to run after this injury.

I bet you can figure out ways to cut time down. We did. It took time to figure things out and we knew which courses were better for us. For Smokey he HATED the weave poles. When he was young and I was a pushy trainer, I upset him so much trying to get him to do his weaves that he shut down as a typical sheltie does, but he never bounced back no matter how cheery and happy I was. He would run the course and then come to a dead stop in front of the poles and practically crawl through them. We knew that courses where weaves were first were the best ones for us because once he was done the poles he'd fly because he was so happy to be done the weaves :biggrin2:

Good luck! I know you'll figure out a method :)
 
A knocked bar in Fast is not considered afailure.They dont count unless they have changed the rules recently

A knocked bar in the bonus part of Fast is considered an NQ but if you knock one before the send it doesn't count.I asked Erin Scheafer my instructor and AKC judge.
 
A knocked bar in the bonus part of Fast is considered an NQ but if you knock one before the send it doesn't count.I asked Erin Scheafer my instructor and AKC judge.

That is correct. You cannot mess any part of the send bonus up but you can knock the bars outside of the send bonus and you don't get faulted for refusals or flyoffs either as long as they are outside of the send bonus. You simply just don't get the points for it...AND you can reattempt the contact obstacles as long as you put another obstacle inbetween it if they mess it up, like missing a contact. I know I've used the FAST course to help reinforce contacts at the show because my boy thinks that the 2o2o rules don't apply when he gets in the ring :o
 
Mach

That is correct. You cannot mess any part of the send bonus up but you can knock the bars outside of the send bonus and you don't get faulted for refusals or flyoffs either as long as they are outside of the send bonus. You simply just don't get the points for it...AND you can reattempt the contact obstacles as long as you put another obstacle inbetween it if they mess it up, like missing a contact. I know I've used the FAST course to help reinforce contacts at the show because my boy thinks that the 2o2o rules don't apply when he gets in the ring :o

Shadow has his XF and I think I am going to pull my MACH boy out and go for the MXF.
 
Back
Top