Make a New Year A happy day for this poor thing

ghggp

Moderator
She was given up "free to good home" kids got for mom. Mom said I don't want an old dog. So she was passed around and now no one wants her.
This little girl is a sweetheart how sad that she has to spend the rest of her life with no one to count on to love. We think she deserves so much more. She is 10 years old. She may not be young and won't live as long but she will love long and be your loyal friend for life. Please open your heart to a senior. I can tell you it is the best feeling.
Contact
[email protected]
www.midflsheltierescue.com
407-719-1219
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 36
That just breaks my heart! My first shelties were a group of 3 from a shelter. One was at least 10 & he stayed with us the rest of his life. There was never a better friend than Hershey, Sure hope someone takes her into their home & heart.
 
When I fostered the hardest people to be polite to were the ones who were dumping a senior dog simply because they didn't want an old dog! They will be old someday too...and I hope for their sake that their family is kinder to them than they were to a loving little dog who counted on them and trusted them. It stinks!!!! :mad:

Trini
 
When I fostered the hardest people to be polite to were the ones who were dumping a senior dog simply because they didn't want an old dog!

Trini

I just can not understand some people! :mad::no:

While each day that passes with my beloved Mr Chance, I thank GOD he is still with me!

Yes, he is a senior.
Yes, he can not move as easily as he once did.
Yes, we have to take slower walks with shorter distances.
Yes, he has more medical needs with additional vet visits and drugs.
Yes, it is tough to watch him grow frailer.

Would I every abandon him now that he is old... NEVER!
He is and has given me way too much and I LOVE him to pieces! :hugs:yes::hugs

For that I am forever grateful!
Senior dogs deserve all the loving compassion, soft beds and kind pats and sweet words for their service to us!

OK, I am off my soap box now. I just love seniors too much!
 
Gloria, your Chance is so blessed. I, too, love the seniors even though I know they will break our hearts way too soon. There is just something so endearing and gentle about them...they truly are special. Twice we have adopted 14 year old seniors and although both had less than 2 years with us, I never for a moment regretted adopting them...they brought us so much joy packed into that short time. :smile2:

Trini
 
Gloria - Most of your lovely warm posts gives me tears in the eyes and your last one is no exception. :no:

Trini and you are so admirable. :yes:
 
I agree! Trini is my hero on Sheltie Nation! :winkgrin::smile2::hugs

:hugs Thanks, Gloria...but I believe the true heros on SN are the little dogs who are so strong and stoic in the face of pain, who want to love unconditionally even when they have sometimes been given no reason to love humans, who welcome each day as a new and exciting adventure and constantly remind us that today is ours to celebrate and who, in passing, leave us with a heart full of precious memories in spite of the horrific heartbreak of their loss. They are such amazing souls without whom our lives would be greatly diminished.

Trini
 
Back
Top