Making the decision...

Sorry for the double post, I don't think I can edit. Anyway, I can't believe I'm saying this... but a standard poodle popped up at a local shelter and I've fallen completely in love. Maybe I'll get a sheltie someday in my life, but this poodle has every quality I've been looking for, and is perfect for my home. She is going to take the spot of last dog for many years, but maybe someday down the line I'll be back on this forum :) Thanks for talking with me!
 
Good luck with the standard poodle - they are pretty amazing dogs and very smart. Actually a Standard is probably a great therapy dog - affectionate, smart and with a larger dog you'll feel safer taking it outside with you.

I do understand wanting a dog for therapy purposes. When I got Deska I was agoraphobic after being assaulted. So the dogs got me out of the house every day and meeting new, friendly people. I had always enjoyed walking and had owned shelties many years before so the dogs gave me my life back.

If in the future you think about a sheltie again I just want to suggest looking at a male. As a general rule you'll find more very high energy female shelties and the females tend to be more independent while males tend to be 'momma's boys' and clingy.
 
Wow. Sounds meant to be then! I had prayed for you. Hey sometimes the right one doesnt come in the package we expect....just like husbands! Dogs are such wonderful companions. Enjoy.
 
cut -- Hey sometimes the right one doesnt come in the package we expect...
Most times it turns out that this was the right thing. :yes:

Meet the dog and see if it seemed you also are sent from heaven, for that you must be its loving new owner. :fl
 
wise

Wow. Sounds meant to be then! I had prayed for you. Hey sometimes the right one doesnt come in the package we expect....just like husbands! Dogs are such wonderful companions. Enjoy.

well stated!!! Most of my life things that have been the greatest blessings didn't come packaged the way I thought or would have chosen and yet they ended up being just right and precious:yes:
 
Sorry for the double post, I don't think I can edit. Anyway, I can't believe I'm saying this... but a standard poodle popped up at a local shelter and I've fallen completely in love.

Good luck with your Standard Poodle and thank you for rescuing her.. I know a number of people with both Toy and Standard poodles and they are wonderfully athletic and friendly dogs.

Hey sometimes the right one doesnt come in the package we expect....

Exactly! We are frequently presented with what we need when we need it even if we don't know what "it" is until that moment in time.
 
I work in a dog bakery/boutique one day a week and we have a couple of Standard poodles that come in and they are lovely, will most likely be a better blend for than an active Sheltie.
 
Back
Top