Meadow's ears

I think she was scratching at them.

You may have caught the tiniest hair in the tape. It should have lasted much longer than a few days - I am surprised! If she is scratching at her head and you glue, do be a detective and try and figure out why. Brodie had a bald spot on his head for a while when he scratched out his glued ears - that's how I got into tape, then went back to glue, then tape... his one ear is still wonky but I love him!
 
OK. round 3 with Meadow's ears. The weight of the tape and moleskin started dragging her left ear down, so I cut a very small piece of string, about an inch, and used Tear Mender to glue that to the hair inside both ears to draw them up on top again. It has been 24 hours and so far, so good. This morning I used the Tear Mender to glue the tips down again. Every time she was tipping her head back, both ears would prick and stay that way momentarily. Again, so far so good, she has only scratched at them a couple of times very briefly. If it holds even a week, I'll be happy because it did not take much time.

Here's the result: What do you guys think?

IMG_4021.JPG
 
OK. round 3 with Meadow's ears. The weight of the tape and moleskin started dragging her left ear down, so I cut a very small piece of string, about an inch, and used Tear Mender to glue that to the hair inside both ears to draw them up on top again. It has been 24 hours and so far, so good. This morning I used the Tear Mender to glue the tips down again. Every time she was tipping her head back, both ears would prick and stay that way momentarily. Again, so far so good, she has only scratched at them a couple of times very briefly. If it holds even a week, I'll be happy because it did not take much time.

Here's the result: What do you guys think?

View attachment 15868
The right one is perfect and I think it will stay in longer than the left one. Adorable!
 
They look good, Sharon! Great job! Don't be discouraged if one or another comes loose. Sometimes the weight of the glue on the tip will keep it down for an extra day or two.
 
I used the glycerin on Kismet's ears.
It does make them quite sticky. It helps them drop further, but I don't think it would work if you were really struggling to get any tipping, I think in that case you'd also have to use a heavier weight
Kis ears.jpg
 
Back
Top