Metronidazole without tests?

We "prescribe for an ailment that may or may not be present" on a monthly basis and don't even blink. And if she had no parasites or worms, then why the drontal?

Not sure who you're referring to when you say "we" but no, my animals aren't prescribed any monthly medicine period. My animals are worm- and flea-free without the use of anything prescribed.
 
no heartworm pills?:confused2:

Nope. We do test twice a year, though. It kicks my two w neuro issues into espisodes so we don't bring it into our house. My dogs literally get nothing that I wouldn't give myself. This is what I feel is best, and of course, it is my own decision and I don't expect others to do the same. I'm more afraid of the toxins tole it takes on their body, than I am of them catching heart worms.
 
Let me see if I understand you correctly, Quahog, prescribing for an ailment that may or may not be present is a recommended course of action? She didn't have an ongoing issue with diarhhea just a flare. She has taken the Drontal.

Harper has no parasites, no worms and most importantly no infection. I am so relieved for her and about her.

Kate

Vet told me that Drontal would help with inflammation of her bowel.


Kate
 
Last edited:
Its a dewormer.



Yes it is Justice Mom, after talking with the vet I realized that it was indeed a de wormer. So there you have it, Harper got meds for worms she didn't have.

Both the vet and I agreed it was a miscommunication. It is unfortunate that any pills were prescribed or given without proper test results.

Live and learn,

Kate
 
Back
Top