Minnie already has a potential play date!

KarenCurtis

Forums Sage
A while back I posted that I saw a beautiful blue Merle at the grocery store- in fact we flagged down his owner, we saw the dog in his truck. The guy stopped and we talked, he gave me his wife's phone number, who I never called but I will now. This dog, Kite, is an agility champion who is now retired at 12. The wife's name is Boots. I saw this guy again today at our local pet and feed store, and met Kite again. They got a new puppy! The guy said Boots got her from New Hampshire but didn't remember the breeders name, but it couldn't be the same one as Minnie's, their pup is 4 months old. Anyways, I'm going to call her as they like to meet other sheltie owners and they are planning on agility with this puppy, they have some equipment in their yard. This guy is 78 years young and his wife is 80!! I wish I could retire now!! :gaah
 
How fun!!!
I wish I could track down sheltie owners in my neighborhood! The closest I got is an elderly couple down the street with a collie. Poor boy was 14 and passed away last week.
It will be fun to get together... wow, agility at their age!!! They must be in great shape! Puts me to shame!!!

Now you know... we will be expecting pictures!!!
 
I made friends with another Sheltie owner and had a few playdates years ago when I ran into her and her dog at the local dog-friendly nursery. Around here Shelties are so rare, if you see one, most folks are happy to meet up. Really happy you made contact with a potential play mate for Minnie, close to her age!!
 
I made friends with another Sheltie owner and had a few playdates years ago when I ran into her and her dog at the local dog-friendly nursery. Around here Shelties are so rare, if you see one, most folks are happy to meet up. Really happy you made contact with a potential play mate for Minnie, close to her age!!
Same here! It is rare we get to meet other sheltie lovers who have Shelties!
 
Back
Top