Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie knows her Name!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by KarenCurtis, May 6, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Not another sheltie, but Kooper accepted Brodie. The first few days, he was so excited about Brodie, then he got sulky and mad. He is 10 years old, lived with Buddy until we put Buddy down last February. They were CONSTANT companions, even kenneled together. Buddy was sick for over a year s for that year, Kooper's quality of life really suffered. Buddy would often need to be in his kennel, but then if Kooper was not with him, he would cry. When Buddy left, I became Kooper's companion.

I am happy to report that my velcro dog quite often is so infatuated with Brodie that he forgets I am around. Kooper PLAYS now, something he has not done in the last few years. He runs, he is sometimes like a puppy! He has lost wait and gotten in better shape. He sleeps more now which is nice because he doesn't get up early in the morning, then when he does, he likes to do his business and go back to sleep. It allows me one on one time with Brodie. Kooper does not like to ride in the car, we take Brodie everywhere. It just works, you wait and see!

So excited for you all!!!!!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  2. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It will work! I've never really had two of anything; one husband, one kid, one brother, one sister. Lol! TWO DOGS!

Hanne and Sharon7 like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I worried about Jocu being jealous when we brought Destin home but I told him that Destin would be his puppy like he was Cran's puppy. It was fine and Jocu now gets jealous when Dixie and Destin are playing together:rolleyes2:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Karen, trust me, he'll be thrilled! As long as you make sure Sandstorm gets lots of lovins, he'll never feel slighted!

KarenCurtis and Sandy in CT like this.
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I hope so!! He will have a new job- the Minnie protector!

Hanne likes this.