Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My beloved Lexi

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Lexi, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Lexi

Lexi Forums Regular

May 1, 2015
    Europe
    Thanks to all for the nice words. I got him back in his urn and now he will always be with me again.
    After loosing such a dog and feeling so bad I wonder if I wan't to experience this again one day. It gets so bad I think it is better to not have pets.
    My family wants me to take another one because it will help me to distract myself, in fact they found me another one. He is nice.. But I don't know. I like the temperament of Lexi, he even improved so much in agility he was our club mascot.. every one knew me as the girl with the flying bear. I had so many plans for him. I don't know if I can make another spitz like him.

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    From when or if to get another pet becomes such a personal decision. Certainly, only you will know when...

Please focus on yourself to mend your broken heart. Memories of happier times will eventually overtake the sad ones. At least that has been my experience over the years.

Take care of yourself! Virtual hugs coming your way!

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    So clever words from Gloria :yes:

Your circle of contacts will of course do everything possible - to help you out of your grief
    -but it is not just like receiving a new "vase" for the one who fell down on the floor and broke.

Nobody will never, never be able to replace Lexie

Only you can process the grief - and you have to go through this huge pain
    - the first time we try to lose your beloved dog
    then we will be frightened over how painfully this huge grief is

You will come over it, but it takes time
    - one day you know he has his "own little room" in your heart where he will always be :hugs

- you have little Bju who also has lost her little mate
    - so now, you and her together has to create your everyday life
    - until you maybe are ready for a little new, but it must be when you are ready and it is your decision

Your surroundings will do anything to help you, but they can only help by listening to you
    - when you need to talk about your grief.

It is a huge grief of losing our beloved dogs,
    but if we do not feel grief over losing them
    so we have not deserved their great faithfulness / love.

ghggp likes this.