Name That Bug

Clear communication will get more on-track responses if you can tell what is being discussed- that doesn't mean typos.

I do read every thread and post- may take me a while especially when sometimes I have to read a post more than once to figure out what is being said.
Anyone with a foreign address or who has said that English is not their first language- I cut them tons of slack. They all do very well and I don't think anyone has not posted because of a language issue.

I definitely do not reply to every thread- some don't need my input and some I just want to stay out of and then there are those that I do feel the need to contribute:ick:winkgrin:
 
This forum has members from all over the world, different ages and educational backgrounds.

Many members are posting in English when it is not even their first language.

Some people are in rush, half asleep, post from their cellphones, iPads, post quickly from work, etc and may not catch their typos.

My point is no one on this forum should be judged because of their spelling, grammar or writing skills. This is a dog forum not a writing forum.

I do not want anyone to feel embarrassed or reluctant to post because they are afraid their words will be criticized and called out by other members.

Whether you write tic, tick, ticks, tix, etc., we all know what you're talking about.

Remember, if you have issues with the way someone posts or you don't like the way they type, you can block them or simply don't read their posts. You can also use the private message feature and PM a member.

In my opinion, there is no reason to call out anyone for their writing skills on a pet forum and to do so is very insensitive. This isn't grade school guys, we're adults. No need to make anyone feel bad or have to defend their posts, whether it's intentional or not.

Thank you for this. This is so well-said and exactly how a moderator should respond. I've never seen a situation where someone starts a separate thread to criticize others who use the wrong word/spelling/etc on a DOG forum. If someone wants to politely correct them, like you said, there's a private message feature. I just think it's horrible to call someone out publicly like that when it's so obvious who is being called out. Thanks again for letting me know you don't agree with such behavior.
 
Back
Top