Neuter in recovery pee direction on self

Sonoma girl

Forums Regular
Any experience with this?
Pup cryptorchid neuter 5 days ago, seem to be recovering ok, but pee direction vary to hit front or back leg.
Is this usually temporary or?
 
Well Tully does this, but Tully's a girl. Every since she's been 'lifting her leg' to mark (copying off Deska). Problem is she's a very little girl and doesn't have the lift (and she has an artificial hip), so with the half leg lift she's always peeing on herself.

Maybe your pup is sore after the surgery and is also only doing a half lift?
 
That makes total sense!
Have you asked the vet that did the procedure about it?

How old is your pup?
Pup is 9 months. Will give a few more days and check with vet. He seems comfortable. Having the testicle issue, the surgery was more invasive and more recovery time. I am probably stressed more than him. I did this surgery because of contract requirement. Was not real excited about having this done now. But I guess there is concerns with a dislodged testicle.
 
Well Tully does this, but Tully's a girl. Every since she's been 'lifting her leg' to mark (copying off Deska). Problem is she's a very little girl and doesn't have the lift (and she has an artificial hip), so with the half leg lift she's always peeing on herself.

Maybe your pup is sore after the surgery and is also only doing a half lift?
You are probably correct. The surgery was more invasive. Thank you for posting. I will update.
 
My Toby just had the same surgery last Tuesday. He's now 17 months old. I have definitely not seen the problem with him that you've seen with your pup. I would call the vet and ask about it. The support people at my vet's office are great about answering any questions. I hope they are great about it at your office, too.
Toby has 30 staples which will be taken out next Thursday. So far he's been great about no licking and fussing at his stitches and staples! I've been so happy he hasn't had to use the cone.
Good luck with your pup! I wouldn't hesitate to call your vet with any questions!! :)
 
I agree, he's probably sore from the more invasive surgery. Perhaps he's trying to balance on the three legs (lifting the one) and experiencing discomfort which throws his balance off which then causes him to pee on his other leg.
 
Poor little guy! Since everyone seems to be in agreement about the cause it will be interesting to see what the vet and the vet techs have to say!

My boy is 8 months now and although both have descended I am not looking forward to the procedure being done! I too would be stressed!
 
It's probably better to not wait too long with a cryptorchid anyway. Deska was a crypto too, his surgery was quite complex as the vet had to go hunting for his testes as they hadn't even formed. And now I think of it, he had some bladder control issues for a few days after. Damn vet didn't give any pain relief and Deska always had a fear of the vet after that.
 
Back
Top