New Pics of Edan - Agility Practice

He's beautiful! He's very fine-boned, isn't he! Lovely!

Do you find that a specific body-type is more suited to agility than others? Bacca is a big-boned Amercian-style Sheltie - he has strength and power (he can jump a mile), but no finesse!

It seems like most of the pictures I've seen of agility dogs, seem to be finer types. True???
 
Beautiful dog, love the action shots!

Hmmm, don't know about going over standard jumps and making turns on an agility course as we don't have one; but while Angus, Emma, and Figaro are all powerful and fast runners and jumpers NEWTON CAN KEEP UP WITH THEM and if they go to chase him he can spin on a pinhead and elude. He's so tiny in comparison with them that he looks like a black squirrel bounding around the yard (the grass is long so he's bouncing through it) with his huge tail out behind (his tail is bigger than his body right now).
 
Beautiful dog, love the action shots!

Hmmm, don't know about going over standard jumps and making turns on an agility course as we don't have one; but while Angus, Emma, and Figaro are all powerful and fast runners and jumpers NEWTON CAN KEEP UP WITH THEM and if they go to chase him he can spin on a pinhead and elude. He's so tiny in comparison with them that he looks like a black squirrel bounding around the yard (the grass is long so he's bouncing through it) with his huge tail out behind (his tail is bigger than his body right now).

That's what I'm thinking with Indy and Bacca. Bacca has the strength but Indy has the litheness!

Who is the better agility candidate?
 
Beautiful dog, love the action shots!

Hmmm, don't know about going over standard jumps and making turns on an agility course as we don't have one; but while Angus, Emma, and Figaro are all powerful and fast runners and jumpers NEWTON CAN KEEP UP WITH THEM and if they go to chase him he can spin on a pinhead and elude. He's so tiny in comparison with them that he looks like a black squirrel bounding around the yard (the grass is long so he's bouncing through it) with his huge tail out behind (his tail is bigger than his body right now).

I think Newton's tail is awesome- I love seeing it in all the vids and pix :smile2:
 
Edan is very lithe in his build; its the primary reason he wasn't showing well - the was "too small" for a male. (When he was a pup he was all legs.)

Personally, I think his lighter build gives him an advantage BUT I've also seen some heftier built Shelties run fast and well on an agility course also. Sometimes it's better to be a little slower and be accurate than be fast and knock bars . It really depends on the dog and if they are enjoying what they are doing.
 
Superb pics! I love seeing dogs do agility, its my favourite doggy sport! Edan is soooo gorgeous and he really flies!
 
Oh I love all your pictures. There's one in his 1 year old album in the spring flowers that is just adorable. My Meggie has little prick ears and I've always thought they were adorable. Edan's pictures are the first I've seen where I wished Meggie's tipped. He's precious. Also, he appears to be built much like Meggie, on the more "petite" size for a sheltie. Not necessary short, just smaller boned I guess.

He's precious playing cards as well!!
 
Back
Top