New posts - one way or the other

Old setting/new setting?

  • I liked the old setting. Please change it back.

    Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I like the current setting. Please keep it.

    Votes: 22 52.4%

  • Total voters
    42
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking about that, but do you think it could be due to the drastically increased activity that we've had over the last few weeks? We have so many new and active members now, that the threads and posts are increasing. I mean, look at SheltieGuy who joined in December and has over 360 posts already!!! (BTW - way to go SheltieGuy - you might give Barb a run for her money :wink2:)

I guess it just forces me to be more selective in choosing what I'm going to read, and more selective, even further about what I'm going to respond to.

It's sad (for me, but maybe not for the forum), but more and more, I just skip threads! If they are about agility, for instance, I don't even read anymore. Too bad, because I'd like to learn more but I can't contribute. Given the volume, I've been forced to narrow my focus.

I guess that's normal with all high volume forums and maybe we are finally hitting the big league! Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic, for the days when I knew everyone! I'm an old fart, now, I guess!
 
I was thinking about that, but do you think it could be due to the drastically increased activity that we've had over the last few weeks? We have so many new and active members now, that the threads and posts are increasing. I mean, look at SheltieGuy who joined in December and has over 360 posts already!!! (BTW - way to go SheltieGuy - you might give Barb a run for her money :wink2:)

Well I have a lot to learn and love shelties. This forum helped me in soo many ways. The people here are great and knowledgeable and it is fun !!

Some people here (wont mention any names) like to talk about poo a lot tho !!!!:razz:
 
Last edited:
I'm still in favor of the OLD way.

I use New Posts all the time. My major complaint with the new way is needing to go the Sheltie Forum page to mark the threads as read. If that link was on the bottom of a page from New Posts, it would be great.

Am I missing something?
 
I'm still in favor of the OLD way.

I use New Posts all the time. My major complaint with the new way is needing to go the Sheltie Forum page to mark the threads as read. If that link was on the bottom of a page from New Posts, it would be great.

Am I missing something?

just go to the blue bar at the top of every page- quick links-mark as read :smile2:
 
Kelly is an evil genius! :lol::lol: She probably knew in her infinite wisdom that the new way was going to be chosen and by stretching out the polling time, we "old wayers" would learn the new way and be fine with it.

I have found my way forward and am fine if it doesn't go back to the old way. I hope it is getting better for everyone else as well!:yes::yes:
 
Back
Top