New posts - one way or the other

Old setting/new setting?

  • I liked the old setting. Please change it back.

    Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I like the current setting. Please keep it.

    Votes: 22 52.4%

  • Total voters
    42
  • Poll closed .
I'm very confused....because when I click the new post tab, it just shows threads that I haven't read since my last visit. Once I click on it and read it, the thread is gone and then I move on to the next one.

I agree. However, I do think people get comfortable with doing things a certain way & there is a level of unease when learning a new way.

OK everyone, it really is easy. I promise! :biggrin2:
  1. Each time you visit & log in, click on "new posts" from the forum homepage. The list of new posts will come up.
  2. Click on the thread you want to read by either starting with the first page, any page in between, or the last page.
  3. When done, click on "new posts" again. The thread you just read will no longer be there IF you have read last page. If you read only page 2 of 4, it will remain unitl you look at the last page.)
 
I hate the new way...im constantly reading the same thread over and over and over thinking there is something new but its not....even when you read the thread its still thinking you didnt....:mad: Its driving me up a wall to where I hate logging in to the forums because its wasting so much time on the same threads....

I'm with Lightplum and Michele. And it's worse for the moderators....oy, what did we read, what didn't we read?!? Wait, I think I read this.... :rolleyes2:

Old way, please!!!!!!
 
While the advantage to the new way is that "new posts" don't disappear if I walk away for 5 minutes, I have to agree that the new way, also means I can't filter them as quickly as before.

Out with the new, back to the old! (I know, the saying is backwards!)
 
Back
Top