New puppy in need of a name!

I feel such a failure by not being able to name him by now!

Tully wouldn't answer to her name until she was 2 years old - she'd only answer to a whistle! I even tried to change her name to Gidget but it made no difference. I wish I had waited longer to name her (I picked a name that fitted with the kennel name she came with), I think she would have been more responsive - then I would have called her Gidget.

Then there's my cat called Katkat - who came as a rehome and would answer to nothing else, it's just embarrassing having a cat called cat.

So the moral is - don't make hasty choices, he'll answer to pup, pup, pup for a while.
 
Tully wouldn't answer to her name until she was 2 years old - she'd only answer to a whistle! I even tried to change her name to Gidget but it made no difference. I wish I had waited longer to name her (I picked a name that fitted with the kennel name she came with), I think she would have been more responsive - then I would have called her Gidget.

Then there's my cat called Katkat - who came as a rehome and would answer to nothing else, it's just embarrassing having a cat called cat.

So the moral is - don't make hasty choices, he'll answer to pup, pup, pup for a while.


It would be interesting to actually know what dogs here when we speak I think intonation is a big factor and Kat Kat is great for that our cat whose name is Ursus responds better to cat or Kat. When I lived in non english country the language or words I heard were just mouth mush for a long time- it was hard to discern one word from the next.. After awhile it became better and better- Gary Larson had a great cartoon showing a guy talking to his dog in english and then in the second frame what the dog heard- blah blah blah blah.. but that tho't does not stop me from carrying on somewhat long discussions with my Shelties and so far they have been very patient-- on the flip side when they talk to me all I hear is bark bark bark whine chirp bark....
 
I wonder what the word for "small and cute" is in Gaelic? There was a guy in our 'hood who had a tiny Chihuahua boy who was adorable. His name was LB. We thought it was short for "Little Boy" or "Little Blue" (he was a blue-gray color). Nope it was "lb" the abbreviation for pound - 'cuz that's all he weighed! :ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top