newbie griefing

SingSing was a beautiful boy. I remember that feeling when one of your furbabies die and the terror of losing another. Yes, we are really honored to be so totally and unconditionally loved by our shelties. I think SingSing must have been very lucky to have had you in her life.
 
What a beautiful pup he was, Danna. We share your pain and loss and pray the healing begins for you soon. You have wonderful memories and they will be with you forever.
 
Danna

Thank you everybody for all the kind words, I am sorry for your loss also. It's a very trying time for me and the kitty, MiMi, she has finally stopped asking me where her baby brother is. I went and picked up his ashes today, together with the little clay paw print, which I baked it the oven right after I got home. it was really hard to go and pick him up in a little jar. but at least he is home with us now. His name was SingSing, it means Little Star in Cantonese. He was very well loved, and everybody said he was a lucky boy to be my boy, but i said it was me who was lucky to have him to love me unconditionally like that. He had to keep me in sight even when we were home at my parents for dinner. He stopped walking on hardwood floors for years, I put rugs on my parent's place for him to go from the living room to the kitchen for dinner, so he sat at the kitchen door (thats where the rugs ended) and watched me if i had to go to the other rooms to do stuff. he was such a sweet baby.

I have been preparing the order form to have the hair I have saved for the past two years to be spun and then I can have that knitted and be able to hug him and have him sleep in the same bed with us again. I still remember the days when he was able to jump up to bed with me and MiMi, one on either side of me and I dare not move all night because I didn't want to wake either of them up. I love my furbabies, and I am so worried that his sister might leave me also, i have to scold her the other day because she slept in another spot on the bed under the covers and i couldnt see her! I am being so paranoid now! :(
I love the name you gave your darling boy, little star ( Singsing ) amd MiMi for the kitty. Glad you got his ashes back. Though it's a difficult time you will have him with you and he will be waiting at the bridge for you when your time comes. May Peace be with you and know we are all with you for we know what you are going through.:sadsmile:
 
I heard him cry

I heard him cry in my sleep last nite. either he was angry at me not taking him to the hospital earlier or he was angry that he wasn't able to actually eat the food I left out for him on the 7th night of his passing.
I swear I also sniffed his stinky old doggie smell when I was getting ready in the bathroom yesterday morning!
I hope he is doing fine over the bridge and I hope he will decide to come back as my doggie again in his next life.
I will get a new sheltie in the spring, hope he will reincarnate in that new doggie.
 
Your SingSing knows how much you love him and that you would always do what's best for him. He loves you, and in heaven now, he knows how hard it is for you. We all try to figure out if we had just done this or not done that, then our furbaby would still be with us. But really when you look at it without emotion, you can see that you did the best you could at the time. Don't let the guilt take you over. SingSing's love for you was as strong as your love for him and you wouldn't want him to feel guilty for leaving you. He loves you too and would only want you to have a happy life, until you can be with him again.
 
I heard him cry in my sleep last nite. either he was angry at me not taking him to the hospital earlier or he was angry that he wasn't able to actually eat the food I left out for him on the 7th night of his passing.
I swear I also sniffed his stinky old doggie smell when I was getting ready in the bathroom yesterday morning!
I hope he is doing fine over the bridge and I hope he will decide to come back as my doggie again in his next life.
I will get a new sheltie in the spring, hope he will reincarnate in that new doggie.

Or perhaps he just wanted you to know that he was there. Our old Lassie drops in periodically. The Shelties see her and go into her sun room to visit. God allows these little gifts to comfort us, I'm sure. :yes:
 
Back
Top