No more online dog food! I've had it!

It took a while for all mine to settle in on Orijen. I just let nature take its course and within a coupe of weeks, everyone was just fine.
 
Jessica,

Interesting that his mange got better while on the chicken & rice diet. That does seem to point to food allergy as a possible cause of the original problem??? Although the fact that it was localized to only that one location would seem to dispute this theory.

Now that he's starting his new diet, you'll want to watch the eye real close and ensure that it does not flare up again.

You should start to measure his food again, because at some point, he will be back to normal weight, but still expect the same food quantity. I would keep him at normal levels. He'll get his weight back fast.
 
Interesting that his mange got better while on the chicken & rice diet. That does seem to point to food allergy as a possible cause of the original problem??? Although the fact that it was localized to only that one location would seem to dispute this theory.

Awww.....and I was JUST about to get the Vibrant Pets. I thought from the other thread, that his hair was growing back because of the Vibrant Pets :wink2:

So, do you think that the food allergy stressed out his body, which in turn caused the Mange to flair up?

I guess that could be the cause, but Jessica, I would continue on your efforts of trying to get the mange cleared up, before going on the allergy causing stress, making mange breakout theories.
 
I forgot to update. :uhoh:

Smudge is doing MUCH better on his new food. So far so good. As for the allergies...I'm not sure. Something isn't right if he's licking himself whether it's allergies or not. After Christmas I'm taking him to get checked for heartworms and I'll see what the new vet thinks. He's been off peanut butter for a good while, because I was trying to eliminate things to see if it would change anything. It didn't.

His mange hasn't flared up in a while though. The last time was in October. :uhoh: The fur just never grew back. Strange things can trigger it though. The vet said sometimes it's things people have no control of, like the weather. Go figure! :lol:
 
The licking could be habit or nervousness or just he is a dog (they all lick themselves some) Dow used to lick his paws and bite the fur between his pads. Sca seems only to lick me :(
 
Awww.....and I was JUST about to get the Vibrant Pets. I thought from the other thread, that his hair was growing back because of the Vibrant Pets :wink2:

This type of mange is caused by a weak immune system. Vibrant Pets is kind of like a powered vitamin I guess is the best way to put it. :lol: When I started using I was using it to help boost his immune system so his body could fight it off. It helped a LOT. I do credit it for keeping him from going blind. I have no doubt that if I had not used it then mange would have continued to spread and he would be blind. It was trying to cross his nose over to the other side of his face. It was also moving towards his mouth, which worried me to death.

No product is a replacement for good vet care. I was in and out of the vet's office no less than once every two weeks, and sometimes more than that.

It's a good thing to have, but it won't cure all your problems. No one thing does. :smile2: As long as I own a dog a jar of Vibrant Pets will be in my house.
 
Internet ordering of food was very frustrating for me. I was getting Flint River Ranch - and they did absolutely wonderful with getting it to me. I ordered it, and it was always on my doorstep three days later. Excellent service...the problem was that I never remembered to order it. So I always was running to the store to buy a small bag of something.

I am happy to hear Smudge's mange is getting better. Hopefully he will continue to improve and have no more flare-ups!
 
Smudge is doing MUCH better on his new food. So far so good. As for the allergies...I'm not sure. Something isn't right if he's licking himself whether it's allergies or not. After Christmas I'm taking him to get checked for heartworms and I'll see what the new vet thinks. He's been off peanut butter for a good while, because I was trying to eliminate things to see if it would change anything. It didn't.

glad to hear that the new food is working well. Allergies can be tricky- hope that you can get it worked out :smile2:
 
Back
Top