No more online dog food! I've had it!

Make sure you call the store before you make the trip. A lot of times the stores don't have them on the shelves, but can order the food. That's happened to me a few times.
 
After searching the dog food website I have found that Blue Wilderness and TOTW are in my area.

Blue Wilderness:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=2292&cat=8

TOTW:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1287&cat=8

Has anybody had experience with either one of these, and if so could you please tell me if your dog likes it or not? By the way, there are several different TOTW flavors, so I'm not sure which flavor is at the feed store. It just listed that store as a carrier of their product.

Thank you! :biggrin2:

I don't use TOTW but I remember it being discussed on the forum before. I searched for it and actually found an entire thread on TOTW you may find helpful: http://sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=3260&highlight=Taste+Wild. There are other threads that showed up when I searched also.

You know, comparing TOTW to my Eagle Pack food, I may have to look into the cost of changing foods again.
 
Last edited:
I'm a big advocate of TOTW :) It's what I feed my dogs, and they love it. They maintain good weight on it, are healthy, and have beautiful, silky, soft coats on it.
I usually do the bison & venison variety
 
I was in the living room with Smudge and decided to make an emergency trip to town to get his dog food. He's so skinny. :no::cry: So I went to the Tractor Supply Company and got the TOTW Water Fowl. I got two bags. I didn't even measure it when I got home. I just poured him a big bowl.

I feel so bad about it. :( I'm never putting him through that again!
 
I was feeding him chicken and rice while I was waiting on his dog food to get here. I don't think I mentioned that. I wouldn't suggest anybody do that for more than a few days.
 
I absolutely agree. Chicken and rice is not the best diet for more than a few days...however, isn't the instant transition to TOTW going to upset his stomach?
 
I was in the living room with Smudge and decided to make an emergency trip to town to get his dog food. He's so skinny. :no::cry: So I went to the Tractor Supply Company and got the TOTW Water Fowl. I got two bags. I didn't even measure it when I got home. I just poured him a big bowl.

I feel so bad about it. :( I'm never putting him through that again!

Gosh Jess...
I pray he can tolerate such a drastic change.I opted for the Pacific Stream formula. As the protien % was nearly on the money to what I was feeding. At a later time,we'll switch to give a change in tastes & formula.
So far now a week,and Trapp is handling the transition very well.As a matter of fact he looks marvelous,and seems much more content & filled.

Earnhardt has a stomach of steel.has not even affected him one bit. Since I have 1/2 a food bin of the prior food,Diamond,I am donating it to the shelter tomorrow.
I hope Smudge does well!
 
I'm a big advocate of TOTW :) It's what I feed my dogs, and they love it. They maintain good weight on it, are healthy, and have beautiful, silky, soft coats on it.
I usually do the bison & venison variety

We are extremely pleased with this dog food,and I do think it will be a forever food for many years to come. It is difficult to make food choices,but I do think we have found the magic food.

Trapp has actually shown differance in even how he is filled out,his coat,even though puppy fur,there is just a differant feel about it. He really has done well.
 
After searching the dog food website I have found that Blue Wilderness and TOTW are in my area.

Blue Wilderness:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=2292&cat=8

TOTW:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1287&cat=8

Has anybody had experience with either one of these, and if so could you please tell me if your dog likes it or not? By the way, there are several different TOTW flavors, so I'm not sure which flavor is at the feed store. It just listed that store as a carrier of their product.

Thank you! :biggrin2:


I did not see this post,but we opted for the Pacific Stream formula,because it was very very close in protien %. Trapp loves it as well as Earnie~
 
Last edited:
I feed TOTW Wetlands. I have been doing so for about two months....with great success. My Mom switched her dogs over to it as well. I think the Wetlands is 32% protein. Chloe LOVES the TOTW. She treated it like a treat when I first gave it to her. My mom's setters have pretty sensitive stomachs and they had not trouble switching right to the TOTW without getting use to it (they were getting sick from their other food, so we didn't have the option of slowing transitioning). TOTW is pretty inexpensive to feed, in comparison to other high quality foods. I was surprised at how economical it is. \

Feeding TOTW to my Sheltie is actually cheaper than my current guinea pig food, lol. My piggies cost more than the dogs!

Cherrybrook is right by my house (the Washington/Broadway one). I love that store. I am sorry that you had trouble with them :-(
 
Back
Top