Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Northeast Get Together(Good News, Bad News

Discussion in 'Events' started by Sharon, Jun 2, 2010.

1. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    1. Sharon - maybe
    2. RonAndJan - confirmed
    3. Take4Roll10 - confirmed
    4. Herd4fun - Maybe
    5. Lightplum
    6. Allendj - confirmed
    7. Jan244 - Most Likely
    8. Janice
    9. DPSheltie - maybe
    10. Abby's Dad - confirmed

I'm worried about us all going to a park we are unfamiliar with and having trouble finding each other. it's also good to have someone close to a park, so they can get there before everyone else to get us a good spot.

2. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Northeast Get Together

I am trying my darndest to get out of working so I can make it. I won't know till the week of. But Allendi(Doug) lives in the area and can stake out a spot for everyone.He can also put up a sign Sheltie Gettogeher.

3. Lovely

Lovely Forums Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2009
    Tampa, Florida
    You could all exchange cell phone numbers and hopefully the Shelties will give the rest away when you see each other. Perhaps someone could even stake it out ahead of time and post a couple of pictures of 'the spot.'

Alternatively, just follow the sound of insane barking and the ground tremor from spinning.

4. RonandJan

RonandJan Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009
    Windward, FL
    Yes, once we get two or three of the shelties together, they will be fairly obvious. Anyone can PM me, and I will give you our cell numbers.

5. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
  6. allendj

allendj Forums Regular

Jan 16, 2010
    New London
    Harkness Memorial Park

Sharon's correct I live near the park and can give anyone directions if I know where they're coming from. Also I can be there early (12:00) and try and claim a spot. The park is not very big so there would not be a problem finding the Shelties already there. Once in the park there is only one parking area and if I'm lucky I'll get a spot near the parking area. Let me know if you need directions.

7. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    That's great! Do they have BBQ's there? Also, when I searched the park, I got two addresses. Which one should I go by?
    112 Broad Street, New London, CT‎
    275 Great Neck Road, Waterford, CT

8. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Northeast Get Together

Either address you can use. Great Neck Road I woulld use tho.Yes, they do have BBQ grills there. I may make keep your fingers crossed.

9. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Excellent. I will keep my fingers crossed. So, Doug, try and grab a spot with a BBQ.