Novice Gambler (distance work)

I thought I'd share a little bit of how I started teaching Edan some distance work. What makes this exercise great is you can use ANYTHING! even lawn chairs. (I'm working with the uprights for my jumps.)

There are a few oopses in the video but rather than retape, I figured I'd leave them so you can see that we aren't 100% perfect either. (Edan was more focused on that fact that I had treats than what I was asking him to do.)

Anyway, I hope it helps a little: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YzZyNQy3jo

Great video! Thanks for sharing! At first, I think Edan thought they were weave poles, when you brought that second one out--so smart! :biggrin2:

That's the same concept of how we started, too. We used a trash can with a jump (no bar) on the other side :lol: Redneck agility.
 
Novice Distant Gambling

That is exactly how I started with Shadow with a garbage can. I think I have said it in a few posts. I also use trees and soccer goals as I posted one earlier.I believe when we had the Sheltie get together I showed Randi how to do it using a tree with Shadow.
 
Just wanted to share some funny videos from this weekend. Feel free to critique them, but realize I probably know what I did wrong, so instead of pointing it out, suggest what I could do differently, or try differently. Thanks!

Weavers
For me, this is distance. Not sure if you can tell, but for me, I was far away. LOL. I was working on my "slowing down" versus "stopping on a dime".


Chances Round 1
Our goal was the pinwheel. We got that so I was happy. I didn't care about much else. BTW, this was the HARDEST Chances course I have ever seen. The weaves wasn't in the course, it was the jumps on the outside. And most courses don't have so many obstacles on the other side of the line. I wasn't expecting much.

Chances Round 2
Ohmigod. Too cute. Mind you, this is something Koji doesn't do, so it's cute to me. I was laughing the whole time. First, I know I pulled him off the jump the first time. AUGH! But then, he got caught up in the tape a few times (very thick grass) and had to go check it out. Silly boy.
 
Back
Top