I personally do not like using them - my dog never showed much interest anyway, and I like to give her more natural chew toys, like woofles or marrow bones. Sometimes I'll even bring a stick into the house, or let her chew up an empty toilet paper tube.
Abby's vet recommended them and I bought a 3 pack many months ago. She chewed a chunk off and I never found it. Now I feel if it can fall apart, break apart or chew off its a no-no for puppy. Its to hard to supervise 24/7.
Mine is a heavy chewer, but I can't give her the rubber nylabones because she just chews them down way to fast and she starts to pull chunks off of them which in turn has made her throw up. I only give her kongs with a treat inside or the really hard nylabones and if those start to get any sharp corners on them from her chewing I throw them away. I think that nylabone also makes something called a rhino bone which is rubber and she has one but never chews on it, she doesn't seem to like it for some reason.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.