nylabones

Sumac3890

Forums Sage
Had a freind give Zak a nylabone yesterday as a gift. What does everyone think of those? He has actually chewed marks on a Kong. He is a real chewer.
 
I've never used them...I would think they would be safe until they start chewing pieces off. At that point I would take it away.

(Those are the plastic ones, right?)
 
I let mine chew them until they start breaking pieces off. They say they are safe to eat the small pieces but I dont want to take a chance.
 
I personally do not like using them - my dog never showed much interest anyway, and I like to give her more natural chew toys, like woofles or marrow bones. Sometimes I'll even bring a stick into the house, or let her chew up an empty toilet paper tube.
 
Abby's vet recommended them and I bought a 3 pack many months ago. She chewed a chunk off and I never found it. Now I feel if it can fall apart, break apart or chew off its a no-no for puppy.:no: Its to hard to supervise 24/7.
 
Where are they made? If in China, I would toss it.

I personally don't trust much of anything made in China that could be ingested. No controls.
 
Mine is a heavy chewer, but I can't give her the rubber nylabones because she just chews them down way to fast and she starts to pull chunks off of them which in turn has made her throw up. I only give her kongs with a treat inside or the really hard nylabones and if those start to get any sharp corners on them from her chewing I throw them away. I think that nylabone also makes something called a rhino bone which is rubber and she has one but never chews on it, she doesn't seem to like it for some reason.
 
Back
Top