Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Off To The Vet Again...

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by take4roll10, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Bailey

I'm sorry to hear Baily is going through so much. Praying she gets well soon.

2. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Sorry the probiotic didn't work. Hope the vet can find some answers.

My vet was the one who said his food was too high in protein (it was the food he had been on since a puppy). Change of food and the problem evaporated.

He's on raw now and does very well on it.

3. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Still waiting for her test results...

Bailey's bowel movements have been firmer, but still yellow and a little soft.

Thankfully, her first agility class was canceled again because of thunderstorms. Yay! Hopefully, she is back to normal by the weekend, so I can take her to class next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My parents' dogs have been back to normal for a few days now. Cali even had a chemo treatment on Saturday and has had no side effects. I'm not sure why this "virus" won't get out of Bailey's system.

4. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    "Kids" have weaker immune systems. Bailey is still a baby :cool: It is probably just taking longer for her to kick it.

My fingers are crossed that she continues to feel better.

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Cmon Bailey, get better!!

It could have hit her harder, too, because of a pre-existing sensitive stomach.

I hope she's all better before the next agility class. You really have been lucky to not have missed any!

6. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    The vet just called. Both of Bailey's stool tests came back negative. I'm happy, but I'm also disappointed because I was hoping it would be able to identify what is causing her stomach so much stress. :cry:

I'm hoping this means, she does not have the virus anymore and is not contagious, but since she has a sensitive stomach, her digestive tract is having a more difficult time than my parents' dogs.

I mentioned treating her for worms even though the test came back negative. My vet said to give it another week on the probiotic. If her stool still doesn't return to normal, then I should call him back and he'll prescribe a dewormer.

7. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    How is Bailey today? Are her stools continuing to improve?

8. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    They're differently firmer than they have been, but still a little soft and weird colors.

Her stool samples all came back negative.

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Glad to hear that she is improving. Hopefully she will have created a super strength immune system....and this will never happen again.

Thanks for the update!

10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I'm going to have to increase her vibrant pets dosage when she starts feeling better. I was giving her a little less than the recommended amount.

She must have a weak immune system if my dog, who has cancer didn't even get as bad as Bailey and recovered faster. Or maybe her sensitive stomach is what's making it so hard for her to recover.